Well this is nice..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LetItGo, Oct 18, 2008.

1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I give up on people.

We gonna go the whole day and not say a word again? bit familiar isnt it? why dont you toss me a curveball now and again.

All i did was ask where is the money coming from, or if its coming, how...I know you hate it when I query you about it, and i very rarely do, I just said the gods honest truth, I cant cover us this time. I dont have it, and I cant get it..those were my words and those are the facts.

My question was a rhetorical one though, I already knew the answer...you dont have it either.

I love you dearly, you know that, but "we'll work something out" doesnt actually bring the coin in. Too be fair, its as much my fault as it is yours, I totally admit that im a lazy fuck, although its not so much about laziness, as it is a refusal to work for the mutha fuckin man again. I know you agree with me on principal, but I think we have to admit defeat - we cant go on like this K. You did say you'll pay for this month, after I paid for the last one, we agreed on that 100%, and now its 10 days out and becoming a worry.

I dont want fucking money to get in the way of what is otherwise a wonderful relationship. It IS the root of all evil, and we cant let it destroy us :sad:

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You are right MJ. Money is a problem between many couples. It adds a level of stress to even healthy relationships. i am sorry to hear it is getting in the way for you too. :hug:

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:dry: Now that must be driving you apeshit :hug:

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Matt
    I know you don't want to work for the man, I can't blame you that especially witht he way the world is. You two have to come up with some kind of compromise so it doesn't destroy the otherwise good relationship. It's hard to think that something as simple as money is so destructive and also so hard up to find these days.

Realize that sometimes admitting defeat isn't a bad thing but there's always a way out of things. Keep working on websites that you get paid for, try to find more online work to do. It's a small step but at least it's a start.

I'm round MSN and Google if you need to chat it up.

Love yah
    Kells

5. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Thanks guys :hug: We're still not talking. We went to the shops together for some groceries, and god i was so tempted to grab some booze - beer, vod, ANYTHING! but I resisted. Basically im conserving every penny ive got atm for food. I asked if she needed this or that, and its like she's afraid to ask. Her problems with food can make things difficult at the best of times, but shit you cant live on nuts 24/7, and ive never said no to anything she's needed. We uttered a couple words on the way there and back, and thats about it. Two days ago we would have been holding each others hand everywhere, talking and laughing, as happy as we were in those pictures I posted on Facebook.

Its funny how things turn, all because of money...

6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

dont let them turn Matt. you should try and talk to her even if it hurts initially. Going silent and not talking about things will really damage a relationship. money is evil and sadly we need it to survive....just don't let that get in the way of love.

7. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I hope you both are going to sort this out and in the end its going to come out fine.

8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Got to agree with Kells here Matt, sit her down and make her talk it out or it will sit between you; the divide getting bigger every day it stays a taboo subject.

9. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I agree with the 2 wise ladies, kell and terry.
    Just because things arent going that well at the moment,
    doesnt mean its the end of your relationship.

10. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Fortunately, we made up a the night before last :) and as Kelly mentioned:

Silence is something we need to avoid. I think sometimes we both have a tendancy to be pretty stubborn, like to stand our ground ;) but this isnt a war lol, its about making our relationship better and we both need to keep that in mind when were pissed with each other for some reason.

Couple of wise old owls arent they :biggrin: and thx Jules :hug:

11. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Yay so good to hear :hug:
    btw those pics of you 2,
    so cute, happy and perfect
    I envy you 2 :tongue: