Wellbutrin and Going Homocidal :(

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by monkeypunchluff, Aug 30, 2008.

1. monkeypunchluff

monkeypunchluff Well-Known Member

FYI, I'm completely off medication (I stopped taking them months ago), because of the effects of Wellbutrin.

Aside from the annoying inability to not stand alcohol: going from 21 shots of 80 pf Vodka in 22 min to get me wasted, to about 4 shots of the same in as much time...

I seemed to go into homicidal rages.

When I got angry before, I would direct it inwards, to self-hate. I would always tell myself I could take more, that it wasn't that bad. For some reason, Wellbutrin lowered this "trigger", to where I would have violent outbursts. Did stuff like punching holes in the wall, broke dishes, television, mouse, even ripped a metal spoon in half (wtf, I didn't know I could do that o_O). It isn't as bad as my friend who charged through 4 male guards (he's 130lbs?) and made it through 3 of the 4 security doors in the mental hospital... but yeah. Started directing my anger outwards (to my parents mainly), when people would just keep pushing instead of backing off.

I quit it (for the latter reason). Wondering if anyone has had the same effect?