Wellbutrin Generic Antidepressant Behaves Differently from Original Drug

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by worlds edge, Oct 12, 2007.

1. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Heard about this on NPR this AM, but I don't think they've put a WAV file up...Anyway I think I've been on the generic the whole time I've been taking Bupropion/Wellbutrin. Cocksuckers. :mad:

2. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Thanks man for posting this. my doc has been on the lookout for the generic XL to come out but the whole reason I'm on XL is to keep my bipolar ass in line so if the rate of metabolism of the generic version is different that could screw up everything. If they try to get me to take generic pills I'll tell them where they can stick those shady pills

no seriously thank you so much for posting this. you have probably saved me some amount of time and misery!!
  3. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

i took both name brand and then generic wellbutrin xl. i took the generic for about 3 days before calling my pdoc and telling her that she needed to get me off it and back on the name brand. i was jittery, sleepless, anxious, agitated ... basically miserable and feeling worse and worse with every passing hour.

i didn't give it much thought because she gave me a bunch of samples to get me through the month until my insurance would pay for another month's worth of meds. it sucked though. ever since i've been extremely wary of switching from a name brand to a generic.