Wellbutrin?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by galalleni, Jun 26, 2008.

1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

My psych. just Rx'ed me Wellbutrin - I want to know if there are any success or horror stories about taking it - any info would be appreciated.

2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

this particular med caused a problem for my legs. i couldn't end up walking very well so i was taken off of it quickly (when they found out). maybe there are some more positive stories out here though. please take care

3. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I have been on it for about a week now. It made me feel kind of stoned for the first few days and now it seems to not do much at all, I feel depressed. I'm on a low dose tho, so my pdoc might up it next time I go in. I was also hoping it would help me quit smoking also, but it hasn't helped in the least so far.

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

helped me with motivation and to keep my depressive state more shallow. It helped me cope with the suicide of a friend. Its good stuff and now that i'v been on it for over a year when i don't take it I am a little lethargic and unmotivated. side effect, anxiety and sleeplessness

5. Enceladus

Enceladus Member

I've been on Wellbutrin for about 6 years now and it's helped a great deal, although I feel like it has became less effective in the last year or so. Despite that, I'd rather die than stop taking it. Hope it works well on you. I kind of feel light headed a lot, and much more mellow, but I also take 3 other precription psychiatric meds, so they have an impact on that, too.

Did you get prescribed the SR or XR variant? If it's the XR, please let me know how it works for you, because I've been thinking about asking for the XR (extended release) instead of the SR I take now.

6. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

Thanks for replies - I'm on 300mg of the SR variant and feeling a bit better (still kinda depressed though). Who knows - we'll see if it works in the long run.