Went a month without cutting...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by laisydazy, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laisydazy

laisydazy Member

I went a whole month without cutting, but I gave in last night. I cut twice again this morning. I feel like doing more. I don't know what to do.

2. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Well done on the gap of self-harming. With SH it's one step forward, two back.. You've proven to yourself that you can be without, I hope you find the strength to quit again.
    Thinking of you :hug:

3. angelheart

angelheart Active Member

good job on going for a month, that's hard. same thing happened with me but I stopped for like three weeks so your not alone. keep trying to quit, I know it's hard but my friend did it, and she was really bad, so I know it's possible. good luck =)

4. jordan.

jordan. Member

Take life one day at a time, one hour at a time, one decision at a time. Tell yourself, "I don't really want to do this." Every time you feel like cutting, remember this post. Remember that you want to stop, that it isn't a good thing, no matter how right it feels.

Be strong, because you are. <3

5. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

I hadn't cut since December, but last night I broke down. I think part of my problem is that I only stopped because it seemed like all my friends wanted me to, and every time I picked up the razor, I felt ashamed of what they would say. I had set myself a personal goal of not cutting until Christmas, but then after that I just continued to not cut, like I was thinking "well, may as well keep going." And I hated it, I hated every passing day.

I think maybe it's important for the goals to be your own, not someone else's. Now that I have failed again and cut, I can reevaluate my goals, and I can try hard to not cut for myself, and not because anyone else says I shouldn't. Try hard not to cut, for yourself and no one else, because you're most important. (I know I say it even though I don't believe it about myself... But I believe it for you.) And if you give in again, it'll be okay. Let's try together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.