Went for job test/assessment

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpk, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I should have known all the answers because I have done it before. Anxiety/panic attack while taking the test which made me second guess answers, I don't usually do that as I usually use my gut.
    I don't think I did good enough to go to next step. Depression has taken its toll on me and all I see right now is darkness.

Fading_Awayy likes this.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

When do you get the answer?

Maybe you did a lot better than you give yourself credit for? My fingers are crossed for you!

3. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you phantomlady yet I wish I was as confident as you. I am supposed to know in the next week or so as the next step is on 04-21. Good jobs here have dozens of applicants which is the case with this one so again I am not to confident yet do appreciate you cheering me on.

4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hopefully it goes well for you Mpk. Also I'm sure they look at other things like your job record. The fact you were employed for all those years with the same company shows you are dependable. There's a lot of factors involved.
    Fingers crossed my friend.
    Brian

5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

Lets hope for the best!!

6. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you Brian and jxdama for your support. I just am not sure if I did okay or not.

Brian777 likes this.
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I wish the advice "cant do anything about it now so no sense in worrying" was as easy to follow as it is to give.... I hope it turns out well for you regardless. Perhaps having done it once will make the next one easier any way , so still something good comes from it. You should be proud that you did what you needed to do to take the test when have anxiety- it is far better than giving up without try - as long as the effort stays there will be a positive result at some point. I hope it is sooner rather later for you and this time would be a great time for that to happen, you deserve it.

8. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you NYJmpMaster for your comments. I hope that it has an even more positive outcome.

9. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Received an email today about the job. I was not selected to move forward in the process. It is a disappointment to say the least yet I am going to try and to dwell on it yet it does not help the depression.

10. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that my friend, maybe with the medication you'll get your depression under control and them something will turn up. We'll keep our fingers crossed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.