We're ALL addicted ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
... to something.

Yesterday I watched an incredible movie, which won the Golden Globe no less and
should have IMO. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9770150/

It starred Frances McDormand, as a fictional character based on a non-fictional book.
Her acting was nothing short of superb and sublime. I left the theater dazed from the
experience.

And it really got me wondering about things.

Now, like all of us here, I've been questioning my existence, being highly regretful and
guilty, feeling overwhelmed and like nothing is worth it anymore.

Which somehow led me to a possible cause of it all, that being dopamine addiction
and a lack thereof.

IMO, that is the root of our the problems.
https://washingtonslastfrontier.com/blog/dopamine-detox

This is a list of symptoms from a dopamine deficiency.
(you may recognize some you're suffering from)
  • muscle cramps, spasms, or tremors
  • aches and pains
  • stiffness in the muscles
  • loss of balance
  • constipation
  • difficulty eating and swallowing
  • weight loss or weight gain
  • gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
  • frequent pneumonia
  • trouble sleeping or disturbed sleep
  • low energy
  • an inability to focus
  • moving or speaking more slowly than usual
  • feeling fatigued
  • feeling demotivated
  • feeling inexplicably sad or tearful
  • mood swings
  • feeling hopeless
  • having low self-esteem
  • feeling guilt-ridden
  • feeling anxious
  • suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm
  • low sex drive
  • hallucinations
  • delusions
  • lack of insight or self-awareness

Lately, I've been drinking coffee, something I never have, to try and feel better and it's has. I suspect it's been helping raise my dopamine, treating a deficiency thereof.

This website, linked above, suggest we do a dopamine detox, which I plan to do,
but for now I'm making sure my levels don't get to low, so I don't as well.

IF you're here and desperate to just feel better, this may offer some hope for now.

There is, IMO, a nutritional component involved in this deficiency, which I'll looking
into, but raising my levels so I feel better, think clearer and acting more rationally
is good enough for now.

The why, whether it is related to diet, or whatever the cause, can wait for now.

Just to be able to sit still, not deal with all the bad feelings, and enjoy simple things,
handle stress better, has been a ray of sunshine in my many dreary days and nights
of suffering. (just sleeping better has been a godsend.

For the longest time, I've been eating a very limited diet. (organic corn chips and ice cream) And that along with lots of exercise, and small simple pleasures (watching my
favorite shows like re-watching House M.D. many times, playing tennis and guitar) has gotten me this far.

I finally look forward to, hopefully, getting off the treadmill of chasing pleasure, in an endless cycle of reward seeking, due to this probable dopamine addiction.

P.S. I noticed that some foods can make me feel better, like coffee, corn chips, Wendy's chocolate Frostys.

I ASSume they're helping raise my dopamine levels.

This is why I've been going on and on about diet being pivital in treating our condition.

IMO, we're eating things that may be leading to a dopamine deficiency. And if I'm right, getting the diet right
is paramount to treating our problem/disorder/imbalance.

Also, some processed foods can raise my moods, which may be related to all this, if I'm right.
Nacho chips is one, but the latest has been Wendy's chocolate Frosty. If you're really struggling,
see if it helps you as well. (if there's a store near you)

LOSTINSIGHT

One thing, in the fanstatic movie, was the main character's utter addiction to tobacco.

I suspect it raises dopamine too.

And corporations are probably experts at exploiting this dopamine addiction.
I was reading that nicotine has a chemical in it that has a calming affect on the brain in regards anxiety. My father smoked all hes life ,,undiagnosed anxiety until he's late 60s ,he never really drank,,our brains/ bodys will drive us to seek out homeostasis.

LOSTINSIGHT

... to something.

Yesterday I watched an incredible movie, which won the Golden Globe no less and
should have IMO. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9770150/

It starred Frances McDormand, as a fictional character based on a non-fictional book.
Her acting was nothing short of superb and sublime. I left the theater dazed from the
experience.

And it really got me wondering about things.

Now, like all of us here, I've been questioning my existence, being highly regretful and
guilty, feeling overwhelmed and like nothing is worth it anymore.

Which somehow led me to a possible cause of it all, that being dopamine addiction
and a lack thereof.

IMO, that is the root of our the problems.
https://washingtonslastfrontier.com/blog/dopamine-detox

This is a list of symptoms from a dopamine deficiency.
(you may recognize some you're suffering from)
  • muscle cramps, spasms, or tremors
  • aches and pains
  • stiffness in the muscles
  • loss of balance
  • constipation
  • difficulty eating and swallowing
  • weight loss or weight gain
  • gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
  • frequent pneumonia
  • trouble sleeping or disturbed sleep
  • low energy
  • an inability to focus
  • moving or speaking more slowly than usual
  • feeling fatigued
  • feeling demotivated
  • feeling inexplicably sad or tearful
  • mood swings
  • feeling hopeless
  • having low self-esteem
  • feeling guilt-ridden
  • feeling anxious
  • suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm
  • low sex drive
  • hallucinations
  • delusions
  • lack of insight or self-awareness

Lately, I've been drinking coffee, something I never have, to try and feel better and it's has. I suspect it's been helping raise my dopamine, treating a deficiency thereof.

This website, linked above, suggest we do a dopamine detox, which I plan to do,
but for now I'm making sure my levels don't get to low, so I don't as well.

IF you're here and desperate to just feel better, this may offer some hope for now.

There is, IMO, a nutritional component involved in this deficiency, which I'll looking
into, but raising my levels so I feel better, think clearer and acting more rationally
is good enough for now.

The why, whether it is related to diet, or whatever the cause, can wait for now.

Just to be able to sit still, not deal with all the bad feelings, and enjoy simple things,
handle stress better, has been a ray of sunshine in my many dreary days and nights
of suffering. (just sleeping better has been a godsend.

For the longest time, I've been eating a very limited diet. (organic corn chips and ice cream) And that along with lots of exercise, and small simple pleasures (watching my
favorite shows like re-watching House M.D. many times, playing tennis and guitar) has gotten me this far.

I finally look forward to, hopefully, getting off the treadmill of chasing pleasure, in an endless cycle of reward seeking, due to this probable dopamine addiction.

P.S. I noticed that some foods can make me feel better, like coffee, corn chips, Wendy's chocolate Frostys.

I ASSume they're helping raise my dopamine levels.

This is why I've been going on and on about diet being pivital in treating our condition.

IMO, we're eating things that may be leading to a dopamine deficiency. And if I'm right, getting the diet right
is paramount to treating our problem/disorder/imbalance.

Also, some processed foods can raise my moods, which may be related to all this, if I'm right.
Nacho chips is one, but the latest has been Wendy's chocolate Frosty. If you're really struggling,
see if it helps you as well. (if there's a store near you)
I've got 80% of symptoms on that list.
Look into nootropics ,very interesting.
You'd have to eat so much before causing a dopamine deficiency,,you'd run into problems with diabetes first ide say .
Cocaine and meth have the strongest affects on dopamine receptors from what I've read (warning stay away ).
Seotonin has a big part to play in mood ,,90% of receptors in the gut supposedly.

LOSTINSIGHT

This list of "symptoms" is a list of everything that people complain about every day of their lives and could be from anything from PMS, sleeping bad, vitamin deficiency, cancer, depression to NOTHING AT ALL. Useless list of shit.
You ok walker?
Useless list off shit ? Wtf .
Total respect to you .

This list of "symptoms" is a list of everything that people complain about every day of their lives and could be from anything from PMS, sleeping bad, vitamin deficiency, cancer, depression to NOTHING AT ALL. Useless list of shit.
I have to admit that I've been doing a lot of conjecturing and speculation that could
very well be off the mark or even completely baseless.

This condition causes that (racing thoughts) and makes it hard to think clearly to begin with.

But I do notice that some foods help and some makes things worse.

Eating high protein, and nixing the sugar seems to really help, possibly by helping to raise
dopamine levels. (chicken thighs specifically)

Foods high in L-Tyrosine is what's recommended most.

But de-stressing, which is very hard to do in our high stress society, may be best.
One reason I wish there was a place out away from everything, where one could
live simply, to do just that.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffhp&q=raising+dopamine&ia=web

And white chicken meat has tyrosine in it, but I find it makes things worse, while the dark chicken
meat in chicken thighs without question helps a lot.

I don't know why, but I'd sure like to know.

Also, for those that can't even drink water without it making things worse, see if adding refined sugar
to water makes it tolerable. (that's just a stop gap to feel better) Refined suger is very acidifying,
something I believe helps.

Conversely, consuming bicarbonate in water alkalizes, which is another option worth trying.

And I still think avoiding high Lysine foods, and maybe foods high in basic amino acids in general,
might be worth trying. (a high protein diet will raise your acidity)

Read my thread in 'Strategies for Success' on my thinking that over-alkalinity is part of the problem.
My theory being that it makes you hyper-kinetic. IF you were acidic instead - you'd be the opposite.

Again, I admit that I could just be wailing in the dark.

IF there's just one thing I'd ask anyone to try, it'd be to eat nothing but chicken thighs
for a week and see how you feel.

And consuming Malt Barley Extract would be a close second. I found a drink mix at grocery store,
the name of which I can't remember, with this as the first ingredient. (MBE is highly nutritious)
You can buy it just as a direct dietary supplement as well. I found it as a syrup, but I'm not to sure
has the same effect as the extract. (giving it a try now)

This guy is very interesting.
I find that symptoms can be reverse in minutes, usually followed by a histamine release.

It's as though there's an over-oxidation that can't be de-oxidized.

Being in a hyper-alkaline state would be one explanation.

What is causing that, if so, and how to counter it, God only knows.
(and I can only speculate)

And not be able to simple consume water without it causing problems
is a major conundrum. (an over-alkaline state would explain that)

I was reading that nicotine has a chemical in it that has a calming affect on the brain in regards anxiety. My father smoked all hes life ,,undiagnosed anxiety until he's late 60s ,he never really drank,,our brains/ bodys will drive us to seek out homeostasis.
Nicotine is said to have an anti-inflammatory effect.

If you try tobacco, for God's sake, get pure organic tobacco.

Corporate manufactured cigarettes are highly complex and very toxic garbage.

I find that symptoms can be reverse in minutes, usually followed by a histamine release.

It's as though there's an over-oxidation that can't be de-oxidized.

Being in a hyper-alkaline state would be one explanation.

What is causing that, if so, and how to counter it, God only knows.
(and I can only speculate)

And not be able to simple consume water without it causing problems
is a major conundrum. (an over-alkaline state would explain that)

Let me add that the reason I think it's over-oxidation is because every anti-oxidant
I've tried, nutrient or otherwise, makes things worse.

When I see something touted as an anti-oxidant, the latest thing nowadays, I know
it's not a good thing for this condition.

LOSTINSIGHT

Nicotine is said to have an anti-inflammatory effect.

If you try tobacco, for God's sake, get pure organic tobacco.

Corporate manufactured cigarettes are highly complex and very toxic garbage.
I wasn't meaning to advertise nicotine or tobacco, just stating what I read .
I agree about corporation's,toxic scum ,,Edward Bernase was the worst ,,how he used the suffragettes to make it trendy of women to smoke to sell cigarettes.

I wasn't meaning to advertise nicotine or tobacco, just stating what I read .
I agree about corporation's,toxic scum ,,Edward Bernase was the worst ,,how he used the suffragettes to make it trendy of women to smoke to sell cigarettes.
Hey, I tried smoking in high school, at least commercially manufactured ones, and thought
they were way too nasty to ever keep smoking them.

But at this point, I might find a brand that's just rolling tobacco, or the stuff you chew, just to
get some respite from all the angst. (doing same with coffee, which I don't normally drink)

And yeah, the funding of Women's Tennis tour was another dirty move by that unconscionable
industry.

Here are several cigarette brands that claim to be pure tobacco;

https://www.signaltobacco.com

http://naturespuretobacco.com/

https://www.americanspirit.com

American Spirit brand was bought by R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, so I'm not sure I'd trust
that particular brand.

And this article claims all natural cigarettes have more nicotine than regular ones, but that may be
what is giving tobacco it's anti-inflammatory and calming effect, so it may not be such a bad thing.
https://truthinitiative.org/researc...y-natural-american-spirit-cigarettes-could-be

Also, there's the possibility that nicotine, and even tar, in itself isn't so bad after all.

I guess you could use a nicotine patch, though I'd be wary of other chemicals being in it,
though there may be other beneficial chemicals in pure tobacco.

And you could just buy pure rolling tobacco, even organic, and smoke it in a pipe.
(most rolling papers are toxic too)

But the corporate manufactured cigarettes have all kinds of toxic chemicals in them.
(even the filters)
https://www.verywellmind.com/harmful-chemicals-in-cigarettes-and-cigarette-smoke-2824715

I'd even be tempted to just consume some pure organic tobacco, to prevent any lung damage,
but I'd definitely watch out for any digestive problems from it. (at this point, I'll try anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00