we're doomed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Oceans, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

we go to school until we are 18 or 21 or which ever age,

we find a job work everyday,

we come home,

we are either alone or there are friends or family if we are lucky these relationships are of friendship and respect for one another.

we get married, have children

we rent or pay a mortage

what is the point of living at all?

Death is in our front door, why prolong the agony of life's pain?
  2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

then there is the violence and abuse in this world

pain, loss, disappointment

where is the joy, happiness and peace?
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

don't play the game
    check out buddhism, david icke
    start looking for answers outside the mainstream
    it may give you a new perspective
  4. Loc

Loc Active Member

I've asked the same thing, we're going to die so why bother with the inbetween when in 500 years no one will know or care that we lived. But living is a highly ingrained instinct. It's extremly hard to overcome. I'm not going to say becaue we can be happy for that time or make relationships, becaue what the hell, I'm not. At the moment, I say we live because it's instinctive, nothing more or less.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think the joy and happiness is there somewhere, we just are unable to see it. For most of us, we dwell on all the negatives because of our depressiion. We are not able to see what others see. There is a progressive order of things, but we do have choices along the way. Try making out list and for every negative thing you have to list a positive. If you can list ,more positives great, but your list can never have more negatives on it. see what happens. Or maybe make a list of what you are thankful for. nothing is too small. You may be happy for the scent of soap or that you can bathe. Add to this list every day. I think you will be surprised at how large it can become.
  6. fojerbachas

fojerbachas Active Member

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Your looking at one side of it, which is typically the mainstream side. There are far more things to life then that.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know what you mean. I have cheated death so many times that I don't know if it is luck or someone watching me. I suffer from paranoia on top of everything else. The end may be closer than we know. There is too much crazyness in this world. The bad part we are the ones who can change it.
    Thats scarey because how many of us are experts? not a damn one of us!! Oh well we will definitely find out, the way things are going! Hell now I am scaring myself.
  9. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what makes me depressed and want to die. I dont want to have a job or have kids or any of that I hate being stuck in society's machine where you have to work. work is torture inhumane degrading peonic torture then bosses talk down to you and make u follow idiotic rules that you hate. im trying to find ways to support myself without the dreaded 'job'. Thats the only way i can ever break out of this depression otherwise i will succumb to the will to kill myself.
  10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Come on guys. Life is what you make of it. What is so bad about going to school until your 18 or 21? I went to school until I was 23 and then did a year of teachers college to become a teacher. I'm still single but I plan on getting married in a few years. And what's really so bad about getting a job and being a contributing member of society? If a regular job doesnt appeal to you then start a business or something. Life is full of challenges and its up to us to rise to them. :smile:
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I suppose life is what you make it, but not all of us can achieve what we want...I totally agree with your post.
  12. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

if life is what we make of it, then are we an one man's island.

We are existentially alone, death is a journey we take on our own.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.