were you bullied in school?

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by mixedemotions, Mar 8, 2009.

Were you bullied at School

1. Yes

249 vote(s)
  2. No

43 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

So yeah the thread name says it all..

I wanna know if you were bullied in school and if any thing was ever done about it?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Nothing was ever done to the bullies in school, even when reported to the police after they came to my house with knives and their threats. My mom was told it was a "kid thing" and we would work it out. At school they looked the other way and I knew if I said anything, the bullying would just be worse.
  3. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I've been schooled at home all my life, whether my mom taught me or I did school online. So I can't say I've been bullied in school. I've also never been one to take crap from anybody. Whenever someone thinks they can mess with me I set it all straight pretty quickly. I don't normally give myself the opportunity to be bullied because I can't stand my peers so I never interact with them.

4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

If bullying has any meaning of...being made fun of and picked on, then yes i was bullied! if no, then not!
  5. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

when i was in my teens, the bullies in school dare not touch me as I was a family friend of a very notorious violent gang leader in my area. I had a good time harassing and teasing the 'gang leaders' in school as they could not lift a finger on me. On my last day at high school before I went off the school compound, a whole gang of about 30 fellows surrounded me with a few came forth and threatened to wallop me. I coolly told them that if a single hair fell of my head, they would know what kind of people would come after them later. I practically dared them and they finally left me alone. I can still remember that day. PHEWWWWWWWWWW! hehe
  6. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I was bullied a little bit but more often than not, I was isolated and ignored.
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I was bullied alot in grade school. I lived right across the street from the school, and I was bullied so much that I would worry how I could make it home without getting beat up.

In Jr High School that carried on a bit. I remember one incident on a school bus riding to school, the one bully pushed me to the brink and I retaliated and punched him the face. We both got suspended.
  8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Yes,but I never reported it or anything. It was just a part of life. It was also nothing major compared to what happens to others.
  9. bluebird002

bluebird002 Active Member

I went to boarding school and there was this one girl in my year who bullied me from the beginning (rarely physically, mostly emotionally/mentally). She was so powerful and good at it. She could turn whole groups of people against you. I was shy, didn't trust adults and didn't know how to talk to them either, so I never reported her.

Two other people who were also bullied by her reported her and got their parents to phone the school but the carestaff didn't do anything about it. I'm not sure why. She was too good. They believed her and didn't think she could do any harm. I think she's quite a manipulative and charismatic person and that's how people were blinded.

Anyway, it got solved when in year 9 something suddenly clicked in me that I could just ignore her, let her do her worst, become cold and stand strong against whatever she did and incredibly this worked. I suppose she just didn't get any reaction, even though any reaction from me would have been subtle e.g. hurt in my eyes or from body language. From then on, the only problem I had with her was her stealing things like money, cigarettes and perfume, which could never be proven.
  10. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I was bullied off and on without my whole school life, but mostly in my senior school. i used to get bullied from a group of lads... they used to pick on just about any one who was smarter than them or just got in their way...

until one day it all got to much... i punch one of them in the face and smacked is his off a wall lol.... i got suspended for 3days ...thing was it was 3days b4 the 6weeks holiday... so i just thought WOOP an extra 3days lol until well i got a letter sent home and they said if my attitude hadnt changed in the september not to come back. i remember having to have stupid meetings explainin why i did it.... thats when it all stopped for me :)

but then.... my brother got sent to prison and it all started again.... not by the same guys but from the whole year. I hated school. I only had a group of about 10 friends who stuck up for me
  11. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Very few kids at my school are big enough to bully me without me being able to rip their head off.
  12. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I was kicked, punched, tripped constantly; which either contributed to my current depression or I was already on the road to being an SF member when they started bullying me. It was reported and nothing was ever done about it. The parents and school staff couldn't or wouldn't do anthing about it. But compared to what goes on now, like stabbings and shootings I guess I was lucky.:sad:
  13. Marcos

Marcos Member

Unfortunately, I was one who bullied some people in basic(1-8th grade) school, but also in high school.. I was popular and full of confidence so no one bullied me, and now I'm sorry for things I've done.
    I can see how some people from school are happy now for seeing me in current situation (very bad situation), and I know they will never be able to forgive that :sad:
  14. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I always say no. But when I look at my diary entries at 17 I mention people I had a rough time with at primary school. I wasn't bullied I was excluded because I had no interest in being like the others, including my so called friends around the ages of 10-12. Those years were fucking horrific and I knew I hate to get away from all boy-girl dynamic.

My days in secondary school were sheer bliss. All girls- although my class was seen to be the roughest ever, (as so many teachers said) and teachers were worried about me being picked on but I never was cos I got a long with everyone at a distance...and they always used to give me presents and play with me. I always couldn't get why I wasn't bullied when I was in the 'roughest class' but I think it was because, I generally couldn't give a fuck :dunno: shared my work with loads of people, and was off always reading or drawing or something :mellow: and didn't attend school much cos i hated it. :smile:

I was picked on in a supermarket carpark in 07 and that was so frightening. To know that people can endure that day in day out and at school where you're supposed to feel safe, is horrific to think about.
  15. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

I was constantly bullied for my height(being shy didn't help) and it has affected me to this day.I remember some class clown making a joke about me and the whole class laughed at me,i'm so glad that part of my life is over.
  16. SIMON123

SIMON123 New Member

Ive been bullied my whole life especially throughout school. Probably how I got to this point in my life.
  17. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I was verbally bullied, particularly in middle-school (which I hear is terrible for everyone). I'm lucky to have not encountered it after that time and to have not confronted physical bullying.
  18. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I was bullied terrible. I was spat at, had things thrown at me, called names, tripped up, there were times when some of the guys would sexually harass me as well. I was a bit of a loner, and didn't report it. However there was one time when I was in class and some people behind me kept trying to get my attention, calling me, talking about me, throwing things on my art desk etc. The teacher was rarely in the room. As we had our projects to do he left us to it. I snapped when the bell rang and the guy behind put something in my hair, I couldn't help but start crying. I told the teacher but he didn't do anything. The guy denied it, nothing was done. It was the first and last time I reported anything.
  19. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yes. Junior high was the worst time of my life. There's a few of 'em I wouldn't mind murdering... I was a bit of an asshole at the time, too, and I regret it.
  20. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is not the answer Black. Causing harm to others and seeking revenge makes you no better than the bully. If you are truly having thoughts such as these, I suggest you seek out help to overcome them. Question-How would killing them make their life a "living" hell? Sometimes having to live with the knowledge that you caused harm to others can make your life hellish anyway. Your reply is rather disturbing to be honest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.