Were you scared before commiting suicide for the first time?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by RaisonDetre, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaisonDetre

RaisonDetre New Member

If so, how did you summon the courage to actually "do it"?

2. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

I didn't, and I wouldn't call that courage either.
    Maybe someone with the right experience can answer this in a more compelling way.

3. whoaaxxsamm

whoaaxxsamm Well-Known Member

Of course I was scared. Nobody truly wants to die. We just don't want to live the way we are living at the present moment.

I wouldn't call it courage either. It's more of an impulse. You do it, because you feel you have to at that time. There are so many emotions, thoughts, regrets going through your mind. You can't think properly. For that reason, I wouldn't call it courage.

4. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

There was just the determind desire to do it because I felt I had no option and my situation would only worsen if I didn't succeed. Courage didn't come into it, I just didn't want to survive.

Unfortunatly, things went wrong and I lived.

5. Jace

Jace Active Member

I wasn't, I was completely numb waiting for it to end. I wouldn't call it courage, I was just so eager for it to end that I finally tried.

6. Well, if someone actually DID commit sucide, they wouldn't be able to write about it here... ;)

And I agree with Jace. I was completely numb.

7. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I've tried the pill route. Turns out I have the liver of an Ox. The doctors couldn't even detect the advil in my system it passed through so quick. I got a little scared, but I have concluded that I might need two or even three bottles of any prescription drug to finish me off. Either that or more years to screw up my system.

8. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Mwhahaah you got totally owned by your body! :laugh:
    *Facepalm* XD

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I think everyone is scared before a suicide attempt. Fear is part of the reason why a person would consider suicide to be an option. Fear of living, fear of dying and fear of the unknown. Suicide is not a courageous act though. It is an impulsive act, no matter how well thought out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.