Westboro Baptist Church...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by carol2237, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

So this is one screwed up bunch of people... Well today they came to my school to protest the funeral of a friend of mine who died on the 5th. I guess i just don't understand how people can think the way these people do. Maybe i am being thick-headed?

Half of me feels angry as hell at them for even thinking these things, yet the other half of me feels horrible for them. They are so brainwashed i am not sure they even know what they are doing is wrong. I don't know what to think when they have a 4 year old girl carrying a sign saying "God Hates Emily"... this girl has no clue what she is doing is wrong, the only thing she knows is what her parents tell her...

Here is their website... and some pictures of their signs they carry...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/visual/photos/index.html

Anyways... what do you all think about this shenanigans.

Caroline

2. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

ok... so i dont know that this is at all appropriate, but it irks me to no end... I was just reading through some of the blogs and came across this one... about Emily, Rudy and my High school...

You did not protest the funerals of the two deceased teens. [Ed: These would be two of the latest results of the God-smack raining down on Maryland right now. One must note that we TRIED to warn you rebels without a cause a/k/a disobedient and ungrateful freaks.] I did notice however that you plan to protest at Liberty High School now. I was wondering, what happened to cause you not to protest? Also, are you planning to picket the high school because you weren’t able to protest the funerals? [Ed: Look at this impudent, yet impotent, pup - first they demand we NOT show up, then they demand to know why we DIDN’T, then they want to school us. Oh my, someone thinks highly of himself … how special. Hint: We don’t answer to you whelps. Stand by for our next command performance in Maryland - because there are sure to be many.] Are you aware that protesting at the school will almost certainly end up in your arrest due to laws for student safety in the county? I am also curious if you ever anticipate potential violence towards any of you during such protests? While I do not agree with your points of view or the way you conduct business, I do understand that you have an opinion. A response would be appreciated.

Chris

Dear Cowardly Crybaby Chris,

It would appear that the laws about "safety of students" that Crybaby Chris pulled out of his backside escaped God. Because God is bereaving you evil beasts of Maryland of your children EVERY DAY. And he’s just getting warmed up good. More and worse is coming!

That is because you are a rebellious disobedient lawless violent vulgar Bible-illiterate God-hating hell-bound mob. In eternity you will be known as the Maryland Mafia. Now that’s kind of catchy! Whenever a trial of a member of the Maryland Mafia is set on the docket at the White Throne in the Great Hall of Judgment, it’ll have "MM" by it. That way, when the saints are judging the world – which will take eons (but not to worry, we have all of eternity) – we’ll know which members of the MM are on our caseloads. That’s sweet! I suspect the kind-hearted souls of WBC will have lots of MMs on their caseloads. That’s some balm in Gilead right there!

If we never stood on another one of your evil sidewalks again as long as you drew breath, Craven Chris, you would be condemned before the Lord your God. You clearly have gotten the message. Our duty to you has been done. You have the same duty as us, to warn your fellow man that if he doesn’t obey the commandments of God – which are crystal clear and carved on the hearts of all mankind – the wrath of God is going to pour out on him, in this life and in eternity. Only a selfish brute would ignore this duty. But then that’s what Maryland is full of. Especially the parents, who selfishly lied to the brats they raised, all their born days. Now their children are dying in tragic ways. And every time one of you bombastic big mouth bastards belches out more blasphemy in your e-mails and phone calls to the prophets of God, MORE CHILDREN ARE GOING TO DIE. You’re killing more children with your evil words Crazy Chris. Maybe it’s time to hush.

This evil nation – with the Maryland Mafia taking the lead – wants to take our children. Now God is killing your children. The siege is coming. The few children you haven’t killed off by enraging God the Avenger, you piggies will eat them. Because you hate them. All you care about is your own selfish lust.

Quit wasting time trying to threaten and intimidate the prophets – who aren’t going to be moved from this testimony – and start doing your duty to God. Shut your big arrogant ignorant pie hole, get a Bible, read it, and obey. It’s none of your sissified squally concern where we’re going to picket next.

3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Try to ignore these imbeciles, Carol. If they become too much, let the cops handle them.

Don't see what can be done about such people. Can't take their children away. Can't beat them up, they'd only get self-righteous. Can't talk to them, they won't listen (as your second post shows).
    So one can only ignore them and if they go too far, call the cops on them. That's what cops are for, anyway.

4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

It's just pathetic. I can't stand people who are like this. So ignorant. They just don't give a fuck if they are hurting people by their words. It's so disrespectful.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate those people, it's ridiculous that they feel the need to do that.

6. Flight

Flight Well-Known Member

Sickening.

7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

THere can be no reasoning with these people as they are beyond reason. They are fanatics, just like Americans think of Al Qaeda. Sick sick sick. It's best to ignore them as they thrive on attention.

8. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Screw ignoring them. Somebody file charges for disturbing the peace, causing mental anguish to families or better yet, someone just shoot them. Free speak is meant to allow everyone their own opinion, but it doesn't mean you can spout your bullshit off for everyone else to hear. If I was at a funeral and these people showed up, I'd bash their heads in with a bat. See if God actually cares and saves them.

9. I completely agree with you, Bigman2232. They have no right to be picketing funerals. I'm surprised that no one has shot that church at the funerals by now.

10. *rolls eyes* too many times (aw shit, they're stuck!)

'Few things I can't figure...how a congregation of only 70 members is going to pay up the lawsuit (that's definitely gonna put a dent in their Day-Glo Paint budget!) Damn, best get them kids some day jobs!

And... who would F**K Louis at least ELEVEN TIMES??? :blink:

And I wouldn't suppose they've ever read "An Open Letter to Dr. Laura" (Schlessinger) about the Bible...

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/joke/laura.htm

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  11. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

but you see, that would be giving them the satisfaction of attention. It is really twisted and extremely wrong in so many ways, but because they are not using violence, it is completely legal.

The fact is the had been planning on protesting at the funerals of the Virginia Tech victims and the 5 girls from the Amish school shooting, but decided to cancel the protests in return for air time on a radio station. What does that tell you? All they want to do is to get attention and upset as many people as possible. (And it is working) Some states have even started making laws against this making it a felony to protest within 500 feet (150 meters) of a funeral.

All I can ask myself is ... what is this world coming to?

Caroline

12. Someone

Someone Active Member

What's the big deal?
    Just another lame, controversial group in the eyes of society. :dry:
    Whats so shocking? Wherever you get humans and society, you'll have the minority victimized. It's been going on for 1000's of years already.

13. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

What these bigots say is ridiculous. They are such hypocrites, they say every one is going to hell and such cause they don't follow the bible and neither do they. The bible also says all sinners are equal in the eyes of god. So why do they think they are so much better or pure people than others. "God hates fags" he also hates you equally then. They don't understand the religion they claim others should follow. (like most christians imo)

14. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

fred phelps is a evil wanker, keith allen put them in their place in a channel4 documentary last year :biggrin:

15. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't agree with anything they have to say and I think the outlook they have is warped and sick. But I don't hate them. Hate doesn't have to be a two way street. If you let haters get to you, they've succeeded in poisoning just that much more of the world.

If people really wanted them to be irrelevant, they'd just ignore them. It's like a pushing match that escalates into a fist fight. in the end, it can be said that both parties were spoiling for a fight. I believe people who say they are angry with them but I also think the people who are incapable of ignoring them are looking for somebody to fight with every bit as much as they are.

16. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I agree with Random. As much as I want to hate this church and these people, I know that hate begets hate just like violence begets violence. Hating them will only fuel the cycle. Sometimes it's difficult not to, though.

Although I believe strongly that people should have right to free speech and peaceful demonstration, I don't believe that this right extends to religious ceremonies such as funerals or to private property (as in church property). In another thread, I wrote about how the First Amendment rights are being increasingly restricted, which I still believe to be true. However, I don't believe in insensitivity, and I don’t endorse invasion of privacy.

Slight rant: It saddens me that people like these are allowed unhindered to protest across the street from a funeral, but that other people protesting the president or the war in Iraq are put into "protest pens" up to a mile away from their intended target. I think it shows that American government tolerates certain kinds of hate and certain kinds of messages and not others. Since there is so much hate and distrust of homosexuals in this country, this woman and her family are allowed more freedom of expression than those of us who criticize the government (which is not tolerated because of the patriotic atmosphere). Slight rant ended. :smile:

I’ve met my share of borderline fanatics. In fact, for about a school year, I was a fundamentalist Christian. Fortunately, I snapped out of it the summer after by expanding my mind through books. Ignorance often aids religious fervor, and religious fervor usually leads to pronounced arrogance. That was another thing that caused me to look outside the dogma: I was sickened by my own arrogance and by the arrogance of those around me. These people can’t be reasoned with because their pride is backed up by the beliefs that God has chosen them, and that therefore they are perfect in His eyes. Logic has no power against people who believe they are backed by God.

I think the only way to get through to these people (at least the daughters and sons) is to “kill” them with kindness. At the end of the Louis Theroux documentary, one can see the pain and hurt in the girl’s eyes when she talks about being ostracized and hated. Every person has a need to be accepted by society (not just by family), even if he or she denies it and actively tries to become isolated. Groups of students at the schools they attend could make it clear that they do not agree with the WBC dogma, but still commit to being polite and to sticking up for the Phelps if they’re bullied. The children would see “exceptions” to their parents’ rules and preaching. “Exceptions” are often to first way to break through the wall of religious arrogance.

If nothing else, quote the Bible in response to their hatred. Leviticus 19:17-18, only a few sentences from the infamous source of homophobia (Lev. 18:22), states:

Even though these verses may endorse their rebuking of “sin”, they are quite clearly against hatred and grudges of any kind.

17. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Well here we have their twisted rendition of the question "doesnt the bible say that god lives everyone?"

"No. You are probably thinking of John 3:16, which says no such thing. The word translated "world" in that verse (kosmos) NEVER means every individual of mankind who has ever lived (see, e.g., John 17:9). Romans 9:13 says that God hated Esau, and Psalm 5:5 says that God hates all WORKERS of iniquity (e.g., fags). Other examples are Proverbs 6:16-19, Psalm 11:5, and Malachi 1:3. Given these verses, how can you say God loves everyone? Can you really say "God loves everyone" when God says "I hated Esau?" Does God love the people in hell?

Or, you are thinking of "God is love." God certainly is love, toward His elect (His children). But He certainly is not love toward the reprobate (children of the devil). That's why His elect go to heaven, and the reprobate go to hell. In Romans 9:13, which says "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated", Jacob is a representative of God's elect, while Esau is a representative of the reprobate. In Romans 1, the word "reprobate" is used to describe fags. Fags are reprobate. God hates reprobates. Therefore, God hates fags.

Furthermore, God specifically says that He ABHORS people who engage in sodomy (as well as other forms of sexual perversion): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them...And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:13,23. Understand? GOD ABHORS FAGS.

God's hatred is one of His holy attributes, whereby He reveals Himself as having a fixed and immutable determination to punish the finally impenitent with eternal perdition. God's hatred is not like man's hatred. His hatred is holy, pure, unchanging, while man's hatred is a sinful, fickle emotion. "

I swear they have a truely twisted view on everything. It is so irksome. Yet, i cannot bring myself to hate these people. I truely feel bad for them and I pray for them regularly.

Caroline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.