Wh is life so hard

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Whirlwind, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Member

Hi there,

I have just stumbled across this site and hoping for some support in life. I come from a very abusive background and have suffered from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. My 1st suicide attempt was when I was approx 13.

More recently.....My daughter has been self harming for a year and a half now-she is now almost 17 and I as her Mother I am not finding it at all easy. It truly is breaking my heart. The thoughts of what she is doing consumes my every waking and sleeping moment. I have become well and truly depressed with major anxiety. I have had lots of time off work! But just got a new job without as much stress as couldnt handle life and my job. The words self harm or cutting make me feel sick and full of anxiety, I just want to cry when I see her scars. She has had 3 different councillors and we have had family therapy.

I have had numerous suicide attempts or maybe cries for help and have more recently in the past few weeks started to use prescription drugs as a way out of real life!!!!

I cant and dont want to cope anymore. Anyone else out there feeling the same way?

xxx

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Whirlwind...I have not had these experiences, but did SH as a child, so I know the hurt it causes...I just wanted to say welcome and glad you posted...please be safe and take care of yourself

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I don't want this to sound insensitive or rude, but you need to put your attention and focus on your daughter and help her through this. She is your child and nothing is more important than our own children. In order to help her, you have to be strong, collected, and not under any induced influences. Continue to work with the mental health community and if you're not making progress for her, then seek new people to help. Just like when you take your car to a bad mechanic, you don't have to keep going to the same place. Find the right help that works and dig in deep with her to get her back on track.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Whirlwind, and many congratulations for reaching out and asking for the support and help you're looking for. I agree with pickwith, but there is room in your heart for both of you and getting help will include helping yourself as well honey.
    As a mother I know how it must really hurt you inside to be grieving for your daughter's pain too - but I truly believe that there is help for you both out there, and it involves getting insights you haven't had before and focussing on these. That is the way inner healing comes.

With insight, the answer to your question "Why is life so hard?" will become clearer.
    I would be very willing to PM with you, or here - big hugs to you both, :pinkrose:
    :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.