Wha?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Zola, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zola

Zola Antiquities Friend

i've seen some postings on this site, that give one the idea that all or most person problems should be dealt with and solved by the time you reach 60. Those who don't do so, are some kind of wusses or just not performing up to snuff. in a sense this is some kind of wishful thinking on the part of the younger generation. Problems don't go away when you're older. They just transform themselves into other kinds of problems. Think of king lear. There's no difference in existence when it comes to problems. i don't believe there's much difference in wisdom, come to that.

WE wll wish there were, and a lot of of older people love to pretend that
    there is, but there really is, but it's not true. hang in there and try for the bost you can get.

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

You're right, problems don't go away and sometimes they become bigger with time...I've been here for a while and I havent seen anyone telling others they are wusses for not solving their problems...people here try to be helpful at least most of them are...

living isnt' easy, solving problems isnt easy either...

3. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Problems don't go away by themselves, but they go away if we solve them. And that's what we're here to do, to share advice on how to fix our lives and give those some purpose once again. If that wasn't right, I wouldn't be here posting to begin with.

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Life is a comtinual battle betweem problems and problem solving, regardless of age. It never ceases.

5. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Aw that is depressing Shades! But true - to a point. There's always going to be 'problems' yes, but the really big seemingly insurmountable ones - I believe it's possible to get them sorted once and for all so as to make all the rest much more easy to deal with.

I'm in a bad place now, but I'm excrutiatingly aware that it's not a current problem that's the issue, but that stuff from way back that never got sorted is still coming home to roost. It's doubly depressing to be old and have that happen (I'm 53) so it's vital I believe for people to stop wherever they are in life and really try and get stuff sorted there and then, otherwise it just turns the ongoing 'normal' life problems into massive end of the road things that seem impossible to resolve.

So Zola, maybe it's not age that's the issue, but all the unresolved stuff that just keeps hanging around until it's faced?

Tam

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

good advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.