What a depressingly shit day...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Dec 25, 2012.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Yeah. It seemed to start off ok - being woken up by my sisters kids, having bacon sandwiches and then the fun of kids opening presents (mostly between 8.30-9.30am).

Then there were references to who's paying for what that was bought for me to give as I didn't have enough left out of my previous months pay, before I got barely enough to cover the main bills that I need to fork out for on just christmas eve (dec pay date is always before xmas not on new years eve), so that made me feel extremely small.

My sister was due to have her in-laws come up for christmas dinner, with a dog that 'oh we can't leave them at home for 5-6 hours for a one off' - even though my sister didn't really want the dog in the place anyway, not with toys and 2 under 5's. As the time came for her hubby to get his parents, when he returned, he had come back with only one, because the other didn't want to eat (stubborn ol' prat said he'd be sick if he ate), but instead of actually thinking to leave the dog at home, the dog was brought up too.

It took a good 45 mins to an hour or maybe a little more before it was thought about the dog going back home, because there wasn't anywhere to have the dog without someone sitting with them, which would have been pointless for eating dinner together. And it's uncomfortable with this mother of his at the best of times, never mind her being here alone for christmas lunch without a care or respect for someone else's property.

To add insult to injury, before we even got to dinner she then asked me about my situation - she doesn't seem to understand 'I don't want to talk about it' - so I have to repeat a few times when I really just am not in the mood to say anything.

Fast forward a few hours and me, my sister, her hubby+kids end up at my oldest brothers place for a bit. In trying to step over a gate (I have quite long legs and have rarely failed to clear it cleanly before), I caught my toes on the top of the gate, sending myself crashing to a hard floor and hurting my knee. Ok, It was accidental, and I avoided landing on my brothers chocolate labrador that was there, but it sure hurt at the time.

And now I'm having urges to go and SH - because I'm really not in a stable frame of mind.

So yeah - probably the worst Christmas day I've had... and this is my 29th.... (I had one 4 days after I was born - so 4 days after my 28th birthday is my 29th christmas...)
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Sorry to hear you haven't had a good Christmas Day G - I know family's relations can be a real pain in the a**. Accidental pain is unfortunate hun, sorry you tripped trying to clear the gate - but harming yourself any further unnecessarily isn't going to help hun, this is where you need some mental "ice-axes" to stop yourself with, as you feel yourself beginning to slide down a slippery slope. Your mind can recover its stability when you tell yourself that it was only a temporary situation and that accidents happen to teach us stuff about caution and care, and that you do have the resources - maybe as yet undiscovered - not to let other people get you down because you can rise above it all with the discovery of these "ice-axes" :)
  3. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

So sorry for that experience. But Christmas is a tricky time, I had 3 in a row that were hell for me,due to a huge influx of
    relatives,who I can't stand. Nothing what cold be called manners,greedy, and intellectually I prefer my cat by a mile.
    But they always descend upon us,year by year, I usually end up paying for most of this charade,which I don't mind but never did I ever hear a Thank You .
    Please don't take it out on yourself.It's not worth it and you are not alone in this misery.Try to stay upbeat.
    ( Accidents ,when they happen at the wrong time ,can be devastating. But again,it's just a stupid coincidence. )