What a fucking day

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bigman2232, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Anger, frustration, crying and disappointment. That pretty much sums up my day. A day that started with me getting up at 6am after maybe 4 hours of sleep, so I can cram some more before my exam. Go to exam and realize I'm completely fucked again (I've tried taking the course once before). So that was a great start. Then I come home and look at facebook and see the pictures of everyone who went out last night to party. Pretty much everyone I know and they all had a blast while I was stuck at home studying for an exam I bombed anyways.

Not that it really matters since I had no money to go anyways. Took out my last $100 dollars today, yay. So I went to my last class for the week and I came to the complete realization that I'm not like any of these people. They all are interested in the work and love discussing the science when all I want to do is go home.

Come home and decide to watch the episodes of Bones, Smallville and Supernatural that I missed last night. Start watching them all and I end up in tears because every God damn show is about love and relationships. I'm at a really low point and all I want to do is get drunk. Go to get some beer that I had stored in the balcony of my room and it's all frozen. So no beer for me.

Now I'm stuck pissed off, lonely and I have a whole weekend of having to study for another exam that I don't care about or would probably fail even if I did like it (think memorizing what doctors say on tv but you actually have to know what it is and not just the word). And everyone else is busy so no distractions.

I don't know if I'll make it as long as I had planned

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya. Sorry you had such a bad day!

Shhh...it's a secret...but I've taken exams that I absolutely thought I'd bombed...but I actually passed and did well. Try not to worry about that exam until the results are in. (It's something you can't change and worrying won't do anything but make you feel bad. And without the results, you don't know for sure that you need to feel bad. Um, did that make sense? :blink:)

As for not being like the rest of the people who are interested, etc., etc. Seems that you are depressed and depression makes us feel less interested and less energetic. Perhaps your sense of not fitting comes mostly that. I dunno. If it's not that, you could finish the term and think over what you would really like to be studying instead.

The relationships - honestly (assuming you're the usual uni-age) - those come and go. I'm sure one will come along for you soon. Sounds like you've been busy with your studies and maybe haven't been out a lot. When exams are done, perhaps treat yourself to a night out if you can? (And, yeah, I know about the financial issues - I'm walking a fine financial line myself.)

Take heart. You sound like a sensible soul and you will get through this. :hug:

3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Why not watch a comedy or a horror movie...well nothing too morbid.

4. smk

smk Well-Known Member

who says you have to go to a class you don't enjoy, well society...i guess a lot of people around you do. all of them in school with their big books...

two choices: measuring up to societies standards or your own.

also valentines is coming up soon, lots of jerks gonna be making out just to show you how much kissing your missing out on. but again how much that affects someone depends on the value one holds for oneself. if value was assigned by the amount of kissing then that might be a problem. i hate valentines, every one with their big lips...

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bigman,
    I think Acy gave you some sound advice. Wait and see what your score was. If it turns out you didn't pass ask if there might be some kind of make up exam you can take.
    Don't be so hard on yourself!! This is a cruel world we live in these days. You just have to make the best out of it that you can. Don't worry about relationships so much either. Once you are out of school and settled in at a job, then you can get back in the game and make yourself available. Take care my friend!!!~Joseph~