What a great time to be alive!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

When I was at my lowest and actively suicidal, I kept thinking that I had to hang on, if for no other reason than to go out to the movies and see the new Star Trek Movie.

Little did I know or could imagine at that time, when I did go and see it would be with my kids. And little did I know I wouldnt get to see the last 10 minutes because the freaking tape burned!

Anyway....today I am no longer suicidal, well at least for today...(ahem)

But....this is one of those times like back then when there is so much coming out for us to enjoy, that IF I were suicidal, I would know....I have to hang on if for no other reason than to enjoy the following....

Today Friday 8/28/09 being released to movie theaters all over the place is the remake of;

Halloween 2. Rob Zombie, who did the remake of Halloween is back with this one!!!!

Then in September, the original lead guitarist for KISS, the one and only Ace Frehley, Guitar Hero and rock legend will be releasing his first solo album in 12 years;

Ace Frehley-Anomaly

Then in October, the boys are back. KISS is releasing their first album since 1998 with their new album Sonic Boom, which will be followed up with a world tour, featuring a new stage, new pyro and new costumes for the guys!!!

Then in Feburary 2010, Universal Studios will be releasing the remake of the classic 1940's film, The Wolfman!!!

Look, I know it's just movies and music, but it is so much more than that.

In western society, it is the music and the movies that define who we are to some extent. For example, KISS. Kiss is more than music and makeup and theatrics. They represent a way of life. I believe in me!!!!!

So if you find yourself feeling like you don't have a reason to live, but you want to, just don't know how....give yourself sometime. I mean you can always kill yourself later, right?

In the meantime, make it to these days, and treat yourselves to these wonderful gifts being bestowed to us.

And if none of this is your cup of tea, try em, you just may like em!!
  2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I almost forgot that new Star Trek movie that I delayed ending my life to see, well it comes out on DVD in November, I think. I will finally get to see the last 10 minutes! lol
  3. busenbust

busenbust Well-Known Member

Nice positive +post Pete :thumbsup:
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

That's how it should be: the simple things in life are what make it great :) Good for you! Keep it up!
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

yeh time at movies with kids so much better as their reactions can be hilarious at times. thanks for great post
  7. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Right on the money... no matter what hobbies you have, it is important to try to find something that you can get pleasure from(although when we are at our darkest it is hard finding pleasure in just about anything) as these things can sometimes be positive enough to get us through to a better time. Good thread :)