What a jackass.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by make_me_bad, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. make_me_bad

make_me_bad Well-Known Member

So, I just dropped my girlfriend off at work, she works at a grocery store. On impulse, I bought a box of donuts on the way out. I'm 6'1" and 150 lbs, I eat healthy food regularly. I brought my donuts home and took one out to eat, at which point my father noted that I had purchased donuts. SIN SIN SIN. He yelled at me for a good ten minutes about what a "retarded" purchase I had made, and how donuts are "fucking shit," and what and idiot I am for eating them.

So I threw my donuts away and went to the bathroom and cried. I don't cry anymore.. I'm not clinically depressed anymore. I think him yelling at me just brings back feelings from my childhood. I can't believe my mom sent me here to live with the crazy fucker, she made him leave for a reason. If I retaliate to his bitching he'll kick me out and I'll live on the street.

He was pounding on the bathroom door a minute later demanding to know why I was taking so long. I cleaned up and came out and he went in there to obsessively scrub the sink and stuff. I took a box cutter and cut myself while he was busy.

Fantastic. Here I am, bleeding in my pants, nothing I can do about it really. My girlfriend will see it tonight, blame herself, and do the same. GREAT.

I just wanted a fucking donut, you stupid asshole.

2. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

aww that totally sucks
    im sorry to hear you had such a bad day :(

sorry i dont have words of advice

:hug: thinking of you

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry about your day.

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

He IS an asshole. Try your best not to let his hang-ups mess you up. If you must do what he says for now, then fine. But eventually you will be on your own and you won't have to deal with his shit. You are SO not overweight as I'm sure you know, and everyone deserves a treat now and then. He obviously has his own twisted problems to deal with. Try to stay strong :)

5. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I don't want to judge your dad but let me tell you it's exactly the same way i grew up with how my father was with me,all you bought was donuts not a new car and it show's who the childish fool is.Sorry for the way your dad treated you try your best not to let him get to you despite it's that hard,you can talk to me anytime about thing's milansteve@yahoo.com on msn oe e-mail I do understand.

6. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

Reminds me of my dad. I remember one time the fat f u ck saw me eating a chocolate bar (I must have been 12, and I was already underweight), and he said something to the effect of, "Oooo Mr. Ironman. Let's see how much junk you can stuff down your gullet." Might I add, this was about a year after I'd recovered from anorexia.

Whatever. Who cares about the stupid f u ck. It gets better when you live on your own. No more despotic parents who try to keep you from attaining the happiness they don't have.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2007
  7. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

My response was posted twice for some reason. Since I don't know how to delete a post, I'm just going to fill this space in.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2007
  8. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about what happened, he was really wrong and you didn't do anything wrong, there's nothing wrong at all with having some doughments, to indulge yourself and let loose a little bit. Too bad he can't see that.

9. make_me_bad

make_me_bad Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for replying, everyone. I told my girlfriend the story and thankfully she understands that it wasn't her fault and I couldn't have contacted her because she was at work.

She also brought me home some donuts.

10. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I love your girlfriend! :hug:s you

11. tired eric

tired eric Member

I know it sounds minimizing, but try to shake it off. Your dad is a poor communicator. He might be trying to tell you donuts are bad for you, but clearly went overboard. While eating donuts all the time would not exactly be good for you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying and eating them. Take it easy on yourself. So you ate some donuts, big deal. If that is your biggest sin that day, you are a saint compared to the rest of us. Don't hurt you or your girlfriend (indirectly) over it.

Parents often see traits of themselves in their children and they get scrared and lash out. I bet your dad ate tons of them when he was a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.