What about Karma?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by jenniferelaine, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

Call me an attention *****...

I wasn't "raped" in a traditional sense, I guess. It wasn't a violent rape, or a date rape. It was a rape within the bounds of a relationship. He wanted it, I didn't. I said no. He didn't listen.

I've blocked out almost 100% of the actual event. I never pressed charges.

Anyway, I posted in another sub-forum about a "friend" telling me that this guy has moved on with his life, gotten married. (I'm still single, and here mostly because of other relationship crap).

Has anyone else been in this place? Do you feel like karma is a bitch, but in the WRONG WRONG WRONGITY WRONG direction? Sure, there's the criminal justice system, and that's supposed to be the right way to handle these things, but I thought good things were supposed to happen to good people, and bad things to bad people? So how come this guys nether bits haven't turned colors and fallen off yet?

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been in this place? Do you feel like karma is a bitch, but in the WRONG WRONG WRONGITY WRONG direction? Sure, there's the criminal justice system, and that's supposed to be the right way to handle these things, but I thought good things were supposed to happen to good people, and bad things to bad people? So how come this guys nether bits haven't turned colors and fallen off yet?

I am hoping karma happens too but i think it takes time...what you said above is exactly how I feel about my ex who has also moved on and still thinks he did nothing wrong...
    I have only been told in the last few months by my wonderful councelor that what happened to me was "rape" ...
    we have been apart for 4 years and I didn't acknowledge what he did was actually rape me on several occasions...he made it out to be my fault for refusing..one time was actually just after he had cheated on me and he couldn't understand why I would say NO..
    I have spoken to a friend I hadn't seen for ages and she told me some home truths about him that she never would've revealed if we were still together.
    .so I know now what he is truly like...we just can't see it when we are in love??!!!!!??
    given time karma will happen...

3. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Karma doesn't necessarily mean bad things happen to the person directly.
    I believe if someone does something bad the guilt will build up inside them until they can't handle it no more.
    Bad people may seem indestructable but deep inside their just like any other human being and have a conscience.
    And of course theres criminal justice but theirs nothing worse than beating yourself up for something awful you did.

4. isocial

isocial Active Member

Karma is a concept in Hinduism which explains causality through a system where beneficial effects are derived from past beneficial actions and harmful effects from past harmful actions, creating a system of actions and reactions throughout a soul's reincarnated lives forming a cycle of rebirth.

The causality is said to be applicable not only to the material world but also to our thoughts, words, actions and actions that other do under our instructions.[2] When the cycle of rebirth comes to an end, a person is said to have attained moksha, or salvation from samsara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.