what am i doing so wrong?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by White Dove, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

what did i do or post that was so wrong? someone please tell me.. this is what almost always happens if i post anything it usually turns up like the following and i really want to know what the heck i do that is so freeking wrong? this was posted on a local site in my town. i thought i had friends here but i do not think i do anymore, in fact i really think i have no friends at all.. they tell me to be myself, well i have done that but being myself means i often mis post or mis quote something and then it turns into a well you will see.. i am posting my post and then their replies but will not post their names or screen names, just as reply 1 reply 2, etc and after reading this tell me what i did that was so wrong?

my post.. i am whitedove on this place like i am whitedove here.

whitedove

Extreme home makeover is coming to Tennessee
    « on: April 27, 2010, 03:57:44 AM » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just seen a ad on abc that extreme home makeover is coming to tennessee and they are looking for a family to help. I know that this is a long shot and a way far out question, but would any of you guys be willing to nominate me? It said they are looking for someone to nominate a family in tennessee. I had the papers and they are printed out for me but i have not had the money to rent a camcorder nor a camera to take photos of how bad a shape this old trailer is. I did mention this once before but someone stated why i just don't go rent a camcorder and then film it, well the reason is the rent is kind of high and one then would have to buy the vidie tape to put in it, and those things are not cheap. when it comes down to either renting a camcorder or buying food, i will buy food instead because that is a nesseity..

I have heard that they usually pay off the mortage and trying to get my mobile hooked up to lights and water and paying off the mortage on the land is a huge burden and if extreme home makeover did do this for me it would releave a lot of my stress.. it would be a huge hand-up not a hand out.. this would free up the land payment for me to get insurance.

anyhow if anyone is kind hearted enough and your willing just go to extreme home makeover.com and nminate me.. thanks.

Whitedove

REPLY 1

Re: Extreme home makeover is coming to Tennessee
    on: April 27, 2010, 08:12:54 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the web site as WD asked and I got a different web site. I am beginning to think that the ad is either a hoax or a scam. The site I got was asking for money and a lot of personal information. I got out of there quickly.

REPLY 2

on: April 27, 2010, 08:28:02 AM » Quote

Thanks for the headsup

REPLY 3

on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:51 AM » Quote

its not free,i read on the internet that a lot of those people had lost the home because they couldnt keep the mortage payment up.they built them,but you still have to pay the mortage.

REPLY 4 MY REPLY

whitedove

on: April 27, 2010, 10:29:01 AM » Quote Modify

no, they build them and pay off there mortage. there is no mortage to it. you go to abc.com, then click on extreme home makeover. here is the site. just click on apply/nominate. i thought it was extremehomemakeover.com but you got to go to the abc website. this site tells all about it. they do pay off your mortage and you don't have any bills left.

this site tells all about the show.. i really would like to be able to get the mortage paid off and all that would be a huge help on me.

http://abc.go.com/shows/extreme-makeover-home-edition

REPLY 5

WD.

Why not keep it simple and nominate yourself? It seems like ***** would be the only person that could nominate you truthfully. I know that I could not nominate you having only your posts to have ANY idea of your circumstance. I have no clue what your legal problems were or anything else.

I saw that they do not need a video but accept pictures. They sell inexpensive one time cameras all over the place. Perhaps you could muster up enough money for one.

Good luck.

REPLY 6

on: April 27, 2010, 12:24:30 PM » Quote

good luck white dove.

REPLY 7 MY REPLY

on: April 27, 2010, 12:39:54 PM » Quote Modify

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- on April 27, 2010, 11:49:45 AM

the camera cost about 4 dollars but to develope the film it,s like another 15 dollars and that's 20 dollars i do not have. oh, well nevermind.. forget i asked.. i just seen it adveryised and that they were coming to tennessee. nothing ever works out for me anyhow..

it would have been better if i was just gone from this whole earth.. if i had of succeeded i would not be in the shape i am in anyhow..

REPLY 8

on: April 27, 2010, 01:54:26 PM » Quote

Couldn't a thanks for the idea just been typed? I was trying to help. Sorry if I have the integrity for not wanting reccomend a total stranger for a make over.

Oh and BTW...walgreens prints are .19 cents a piece. IF you develped a roll of 27 and all turned out it would be $5.40 + tax. Saying it was $15.00 doesn't help your cause.

REPLY 9 MY REPLY

on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:39 PM » Quote Modify

well i did not know i was such a complete stranger. i thought i had friends here on this little board. guess i found out no one is, right i am a complete stranger to everyone.. guess you never had to go to bed hungry before? guess you never lived without lights for about a year or running water for 15 years like i have. my whole life has been nothing but hardship upon hardship and then i get people telling me it's my fault, or i caused all of it.. well if i am not here then i can't cause any more problems.. seeing as how i am only a stranger..

okay, thanks for the info and about how cheap wallgreens is. thank you for your kind words.

REPLY 10

on: April 27, 2010, 09:57:17 PM » Quote

WD, honestly, it is time to grow up. Don't sit there and assume you have had it harder than anyone else, cos you would be dead wrong. At least you have a home and land, many of us don't even have that to call our own. The thing is, we keep working, trying, living.

**** tried to give you suggestions and they were good ones. So, take one or two of them, take some pictures, send them in and see what happens, just don't sit there and keep feeling sorry for yourself cos I can guarantee that isn't going to get you anywhere.

REPLY 11

on: April 27, 2010, 10:55:57 PM » Quote

Oh and BTW...walgreens prints are .19 cents a piece. IF you develped a roll of 27 and all turned out it would be $5.40 + tax. Saying it was $15.00 doesn't help your cause.
    [/quote]

well i did not know i was such a complete stranger. i thought i had friends here on this little board. guess i found out no one is, right i am a complete stranger to everyone.. guess you never had to go to bed hungry before? guess you never lived without lights for about a year or running water for 15 years like i have. my whole life has been nothing but hardship upon hardship and then i get people telling me it's my fault, or i caused all of it.. well if i am not here then i can't cause any more problems.. seeing as how i am only a stranger..

okay, thanks for the info and about how cheap wallgreens is. thank you for your kind words.
    [/quote]

Pehaphs you don't remember I sent you money. Perhaps YOU don't remember who your frinds WERE. Fool me one same on me.

REPLY 12 MY REPLY

on: April 28, 2010, 01:00:43 AM » Quote Modify

i am not a FREEKING KID!!!!

Grow up-- i did and have grown up. i didn't have a dang childhood, i had to grow up fast at 15 when my mom passed away and to this day that has haunted me every day of my life, every mothers day when i wake up i see that vision of them putting my mom in her casket down into that grave. i am not feeling sorry for myself, ever one assumes that but they don't really know just how bad hurt i am. they don't know how many times i have struggled and yes i know people are much worse off then me, those in hatie don't even have a home. yeah you say i have a home, you just don't even know.. i have tried more times then i can even caunt and i still get no where.. but calling me a freeking kid or to just grow up... you just don't know what that does to me, look i am not stupid, i know all the talks about me on other boards. i am not dumb, even with the boyfriend i had, heck a lot were making all kinds of fun on or about me saying i had a pretend boyfriend...like noone can love me that i have to make it up but i did have a true boyfriend who did get killed.. so i just went on and ignored all the hurtful words and all because i tried to be myself but i am just not good enough for anyone.. i can't be what you all want me to be. i am just plain ole me, i got emotional problems a lot, but you guys can't accept me with all my problems, you want me perfect and i am not perfect in any way. ***** told me that you guys were my friends i told him i did not have any friends here, but he said i did, but you guys get together with each other, some if not all are kin to one another, you have get togethers and parties, etc but i am never offered an invite, not even by a pm so yeah i am a stranger..then most of you post photos of how happy you guys are or what you did for each holiday or things you got for christmas etc..i can't relatte to that because i get nothing. no matter how much i try i get nothing..no invite , no cards, nothing.. but i still try to be as nice as i can be and intyeract with you all here and if something upsets me or i post a rant it usually ends up with me being the bad one. i mean just look at this post, look what it turned into..and all i did at first was ask a simple questionwell i don't give a heck anymore. and the people who saved me that day outta have their butts kicked, because they did not do it to help me but to bring me back to continue their little fun with me, but it's over..

REPLY 13 THIS IS FROM THE MOD THERE..

on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:42 AM » Quote

this has gotten beyond ridiculous

REPLY 14

on: April 28, 2010, 03:24:14 AM » Quote

WD, I really don't know what to say to you anymore. Most people here have been nothing but nice to you.Some have given you words of encouragement, kindness and understanding. Some have tried to give you advice when you ask. And yes some have even given you help when you ask.Not taking ***** side, but I would not recommend anybody for anything that I didn't know either. You say you have no friends here, that you have never gotten an invite to any of the get togethers. I beg to differ. I myself invited you to one. But it seems to be the same ole same ole w/you.

REPLY 15

on: April 28, 2010, 06:17:27 AM » Quote

This is just another whoa is me whitedove thread.
    I am just curious, the CHEAPEST internet connection I have found is dial up at 16.99 and that is a stretch. IF you got rid of the internet I'll bet you could save yourself some money. And t.v. you must have t.v. to watch the show and I seriously doubt you have cable so that is more money you can save.
    I'm just saying...

REPLY 16

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 07:02:28 AM » Quote

You are right, you are NOT a kid, that is what grow up means. Now, on to the invite to get togethers, it is posted here in the lounge when one is going to happen, usually more than once, so anyone who would like to attend just has to say the word. So, that isn't on us, it is on those that don't read or pay attention. What it comes down to is we have all had hard lives. It is what you choose to do about it that matters. Here is a very good quote:

“If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that every experience develops some latent force within you, you will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your circumstances may seem to be.”

I hope you find your happy.

REPLY 17

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:21 AM » Quote

The only thing I have to say is:

"If you keep doing the same thing, you will constantly get the SAME result!"

OKAY.. NOW SOMEONE TELL ME what am i doing so wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
  2. carekitty

carekitty Guest

Honestly, White Dove, I don't know what to say. I don't know your history with these people, or how well you know them, etc.

I think what a few of them might have been thinking about regarding the Extreme Home Makeover show is that recently on the news, they showed a story of one family who had lost their home, due to high property taxes (which the show doesn't cover), as well as increased energy costs, as their home was much larger. They couldn't afford the upkeep, and had to sell the home. I think the show was making changes so it wouldn't happen again.

I don't know what the requirements are for recommending someone to the show. Does it have to be by someone who has seen the home, or has visited the homeowner? If it does, that might have been one reason people felt they couldn't help if they hadn't been there.

Maybe the suggestion of the camera shots is a good one? If you can't afford the camera and the film, maybe someone could help you with that.

Again, I don't know if I can help you, but I hope you can find some help for your home. I know how hard it can be when income doesn't cover the bills.

3. White Dove

hey, thanks for the reply

yeah maybe they were just trying to help but with my emotions and all i don't think like they do and easily get upset, but when i think things wrong or get upset they is always someone saying it is the same ole thing with me or that it is a woah as me type thing.. they just don't understand me, or anything really... perhaps i just need to be away from them and everyone else.. at least i think it would be better if i was just a loner and alone without anyone, at least then i would not have to worry about messing up because the only one i could mess up would be myself...

yeah i understand what your saying. but as my mortage is 184 per month, and if they paid it off then i could use the 100 out of the 184 to put back for taxes each year and that would be 1200 and i do not think taxes are or would be more then at least 800 a year, and with the other 83 i could buy health insurance that i need.

one quoted about my internet, that is the only income i got right now, and i have tried to get a regular job but no one will hire me or even give me a chance, if i lose the internet, i will not have money for food, lights, etc.. right now i break even most months and some months i get a little extra profit..

yeah it is scary about not being able to fix up my home.. i live in a 1967 camper ( that is what it says on the title ) and it has bad wiring in it and everytime it rains it leaks around my window and there is a plug in under it and i have to constantly wipe the water everytime it rains because one time it caught on fire in the front room and i had to run and turn the breaker off.. was told by someone to get a tarp and put on it but if you got a light bill oand your short on it by making a paymant and all, i just can't afford a tarp, the cheapest i seen was 35 dollars and that to me is a lot of money, that is like a million to me..

well anyhow just keep me in your prayers.. thanks..

4. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I have a friend who works for commet electrical supplies in the consumer complaints and help section.
    A memo was sent around the office about a guy who was fired once for giving out some great advice,,

A gentle man phoned up regarding his pc, he explained he had done everything required and it wasnt working.

After a 45 min phone conversation her work college asked in a Jovial manner if he had remembered to plug it in.
    the gentleman followed the mass of chords and found to his dismay he had not plugged it in.

He then proceeded to shout down the phone that it wasn't stated in the instructions that it had to be plugged in.

Her college gave him this advice,,

"UNPLUG THE COMPUTER SIR, REPLACE IT BACK IN ITS PACKAGING AND BRING IT BACK TO US FOR A REFUND"
    the man then asked why as the problem had been solved
    the reply he got was
    "BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO OWN A COMPUTER"

that remark cost a man his job,,,,, but maybe he was right

Sometimes people cant see others are simply trying to help them, but they forget they have to be willing to put in some effort themselves.

5. White Dove

i know they were probably trying to help.. but at the time in my state ofg mind i could not see that. Just because i was emotionally upset does not mean i am dumb. according to your reply, to me it means i am dumb, well i beg to differ. unless you have actually walked in my shoes you will never know just how much i have tried and what all i have done.

i did go to the local career center and took that job assement test and was granted a certificate because i passed all three tests with a high score. i been putting in applications upon apps at all places both in this town and surroundinmg towns as well as online and still no one has hired me for a reg. job yet. i do not sit on my butt and do nothing, not only do i put in apps but have repeatedly called and several have told me not to call back again.. i even went online to collage and got a certificate of completion for a medical billing specialist but unless one has experience in that type of work it is hard to get hired for that.

as to this home makeover thing, the amount to develop a one time use camera is not in any way 19 cents a pic. that is 19 cents per digital the one time cameras are not digital and therefore a whole roll to develope at wallgreens is about 10 dollars plus the 4 dollar camera. plus gas money to drive 16 miles from my home to town. i will get photos and i will send it in myself.. and if anyone else wishes to call me dumb or stupid you will only be saying it outloud to yourself as those words will never be heard by me again. my hurt and my pain has gone too far for any of that to even effect me at all...

6. Friend

Friend Well-Known Member

Hey White Dove, it sounds like people have been really mean to you and that sucks. I can surely relate to it. I'll pray for you that your situation gets better in one way or another that you have some peace.

7. White Dove

thank you for your prayers..

not for sure they been really mean to me or that i just thought or assumed they had :sad:

i do know for sure my younger brother at times has been very mean and his wife made me look like a fool a few times but i still give them love.. bible says to conqure evil show love, or rather love conquers evil, says be good and kind to your enemies and in doing so you will reap coles of fire upon their head, whatever that means...

8. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I've often wondered what that means as well, Susan. I've even wondered if I could get away with heaping a few hot coals on people that have been mean to me ...... lol

I know how hard it is to find work right now. Unemployment is over 15% in our county, and many professionals that use to be in high demand now can't even find the most basic minimum wage job. I pray things improve soon, and that you can find something to help you.

If you feel someone is being mean, why not just go to the Heavenly Father, and let him worry about it. If they weren't being mean, then it won't have hurt you. And if they were, let him take care of it.

I think you are a very intelligent and worthwhile person, Susan. Good luck with the Extreme Makeover.

9. White Dove

thank you carekitty.

That is what i do every night, but i don't say mean things about them in my prayers, just let God know they hurt my feelings or that i felt sad after reading what they say,etc and always ask God to forgive them

yeah, finging a job is very hard and for me it is really hard.. i have 3 strikes against me when i apply

1 = because i trusted a friend i ended up with a class c felony on my record so when the apps ask if one has been convicted of a crime and then state they do background checks i am always honest and answer it with a yes.. i think that has a lot to do with it, because i was convicted of bringing contraband into a penal institution - yet i don't do drugs, never have, do not smoke, not even cigs, but those who hire will look at that and assume i am a dopey i suppose.. but a heed of warning.. if you got a friend who wants you to take them to visit someone in a jail and they tell you they have stamps and notebook paper to give their friend who is in jail, make sure you look in their bag to make sure they are bringing what they say they have.. that is where i failed big time.. i trusted him and did not know he had a bottle of whisky in that bag, and when he took it inside the jail they got me because i brought him down to the jail.. i lost my new car ( still had drive out tags on it ) and $3000 i had in my purse that i had just received from the social security for when my mom passed away.. the police took the money and my car. i did not have a good lawyer and did not realize i could have did the pre-trial diversion, and not having money to fight it, i just plead guilty, cause in a way i was guilty, i did bring him to the jail that day.. so make sure you know your friends really well.

2 = i have been in the nut house for getting depressed and attempting my life, so the employers might think i may get nutty and go off on them or something, so that could be another reason why i can't get a job.

3 - my health is not so good. i have already had one heart attack, have asthma, and am on at least 4 different meds each day, most make me sleepy.. then i also have to have a c-scope each year that remove polyps from my colon, etc so that is probably another reason..

so with the three strikes against me. i highly doubt i will ever get a job.. i am a christian and do not want to go to soliciting and saling my body for money ( sex for money ) bvut i am getting pushed into that direction each day. i got to eat and got to have a job and if that is all i can get then i will have no other choice, so it's either be a prostatuite or suicide.. both are bad choices but it looks like i am headed in one of those directions, although i am just not quite ready to give up and still looking...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.