What am I holding onto anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCC988

I've posted similar before but to no response so I'm doing it again.

What is the point even when all my hopes and dreams are dead? What do I have to hold onto when I've got nothing going for me? Why even bother to try?

Lashes

Hi,

It's hard to give any possibly helpful advice when there isn't a lot of detail. Can you expand a bit more on what is going on for you?

I really do want to try and help, so I hope you reply.

Take care of yourself.

You probably don't want to hear airy fairy stuff like this at the moment, but I don't know what else to say, you are depending on hopes and dreams to define you, but as you can plainly see, because you wrote it, hopes and dreams die, so I agree wit you, why bother, but you could put your time and energy into the real you, the person that is living and breathing and feeling, it you can identify with yourself and try and nurture and even love yourself without any outside influences, if you can get your head around feeling good or better then you do about yourself for no other reason than it's better than feeling crap about yourself that could be a start, get to know and even like "ME" you may have nothing going for "me" because you don't even see "me" your to busy looking at what you don't have. Change your mind, change your point of view, look in instead of looking out.
Love and Light
P

JCC988

Sure. I'm 27 and have come off a low salary job that I hated. I moved back home to help my sister care for my sick mother. I have no friends and no girlfriend. As I said my hopes and dreams for life and the future are all dead.

JCC988

You probably don't want to hear airy fairy stuff like this at the moment, but I don't know what else to say, you are depending on hopes and dreams to define you, but as you can plainly see, because you wrote it, hopes and dreams die, so I agree wit you, why bother, but you could put your time and energy into the real you, the person that is living and breathing and feeling, it you can identify with yourself and try and nurture and even love yourself without any outside influences, if you can get your head around feeling good or better then you do about yourself for no other reason than it's better than feeling crap about yourself that could be a start, get to know and even like "ME" you may have nothing going for "me" because you don't even see "me" your to busy looking at what you don't have. Change your mind, change your point of view, look in instead of looking out.
Love and Light
P
I've looked into myself and all I can see is a hollow shell. There's no life there and no hope to be found. I don't know of anything in this world that can change that.

That just means you have a job to do, fill it, you bring the life and the hope and the light into the hollow shell, I done a meditation the other day and I was looking inside myself and it was a dark cave and then a voice (mad I know) said all caves are dark till someone brings light into them, so I imagined light and the cave lit up covered with crystals
It won't solve all your problems, and you may not be in the right frame of mind at the moment, but when you are it can take you out of this world for a few mins, it does help some people
https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/expanded-awareness-meditation.128200/

JCC988

That just means you have a job to do, fill it, you bring the life and the hope and the light into the hollow shell, I done a meditation the other day and I was looking inside myself and it was a dark cave and then a voice (mad I know) said all caves are dark till someone brings light into them, so I imagined light and the cave lit up covered with crystals
It won't solve all your problems, and you may not be in the right frame of mind at the moment, but when you are it can take you out of this world for a few mins, it does help some people
https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/expanded-awareness-meditation.128200/
There's nothing that I know of in this world that can fill this hollow shell. No amount of illumination will do it. Not when everything is dead.

JCC988

Hi,

It's hard to give any possibly helpful advice when there isn't a lot of detail. Can you expand a bit more on what is going on for you?

I really do want to try and help, so I hope you reply.

Take care of yourself.
You probably didn't see my reply so here it is again.

I'm 27 and have come off a low salary job that I hated. I moved back home to help my sister care for my sick mother. I have no friends and no girlfriend. As I said my hopes and dreams for life and the future are all dead.

Yes I hear you, but that doesn't mean that there Actually is nothing, it just means that you do not know it, or see it, or maybe even want to see it, the wisest words I know and use are, I DO NOT KNOW, when I use those words my ego has to take a back seat and allow another voice that holds wisdom to speak, but what is true is that there is nothing in this world that can change your mind except you.

You might fill the hollow shell with some compassion as you nurse your sick mother, you may learn about giving back, as your mother gave to you, you may see humility and gratitude as your mother accepts help with things she would rather do for herself, they can fill the hollow as well, patience and kindness will be needed on the road ahead of you, embrace these and you'll never feel hollow again, and love, don't leave it until your mother is to unwell or it's to late to learn about and show love, I think you are in the right place at the right time to learn about real life.

JCC988

You might fill the hollow shell with some compassion as you nurse your sick mother, you may learn about giving back, as your mother gave to you, you may see humility and gratitude as your mother accepts help with things she would rather do for herself, they can fill the hollow as well, patience and kindness will be needed on the road ahead of you, embrace these and you'll never feel hollow again, and love, don't leave it until your mother is to unwell or it's to late to learn about and show love, I think you are in the right place at the right time to learn about real life.
If this is all that real life has to offer someone like me then I don't want life at all.

it's not all, there is a whole world full of stuff on offer, good stuff and bad stuff and stuff that doesn't matter to much, give yourself a chance to adjust, you seem to be in a spin with where you thought you'd be or wanted to be put on hold, there's always new friends to meet including girlfriends, and besides you need to stay around to help your sister, is she older or younger than you

it's not all, there is a whole world full of stuff on offer, good stuff and bad stuff and stuff that doesn't matter to much, give yourself a chance to adjust, you seem to be in a spin with where you thought you'd be or wanted to be put on hold, there's always new friends to meet including girlfriends, and besides you need to stay around to help your sister, is she older or younger than you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00