What Am I Miserable For?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NeverHappy, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeverHappy

NeverHappy Well-Known Member

What is it that makes me hurt so much inside? I'm very good looking, I'm intelligent, I'm confident, I can be witty depending on my mood, I've literally never had a problem with my physical health.

So why is my existence so painful. Is it the childhood trauma? The isolation? The loveless life? Why do I struggle so terribly to make it through a single hour, let alone a day? Did something terrible happen that I cannot recall despite my efforts? Am I that fucking warped that despite being blessed with physical and psychological gifts, I can never have happiness?

Is there no hope for me?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It took me a long time to understand the extent of my childhood trauma that no one else could see. I was not abused in any physical way. I grew up in a nice house, had pretty much everything a kid could ask for. Friends, girlfriends, good looks. Yea I was pretty confused at my depression at first too.
    The doctors will try and tell you it's some biological thing, but I think that's bollocks. I think most if not all of our unknown miseries and anxieties come from childhood traumas that were never worked out, properly understood.
    I would suggest seeking a counselor if you really have no idea where it was from. You might be surprised at what comes out.

3. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

you can be happy. Its a very good step that by your words you show gratitude for the good qualities that were blessed with. its very helpful to count our blessings.

4. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

>>>Did something terrible happen that I cannot recall
    despite my efforts?<<<

like repressed memories or some other storm trooper methodology
    of extracting money out of people and ruining other peoples lives who
    didn't do anything?

probably not :dry:

the whole world is depressed. if we went back to being cave 'persons'
    and eating dinosaurs (or vice versa) there'd be lot less of us and we'd be too
    busy and tired to be depressed.

the planet is overcrowded. read up on some experiments with labrats
    about being overcrowded all the time. by the way, what did the labrats
    ever do to deserve being 'labrats'?? nothing I can think of.

anyway, the consencus is, we hate it too :tongue:

life is not fun, left to it's own devices anyway. if you have the
    energy and determination to find what you like and really do it,
    you'll be way ahead of the rest of us. go for it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.