What am I supposed to do now

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LotusFlower, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

So my dr is done in the spring. She is a resident and this is her last year I have been seeing her for 2 years. She became my dr. when I got out of the hospital 2 years ago. I am worried and scared. We talked about a day program that might be good for me and extra support and a new dr. I feel like I am going to have to start all over again. I don't know if I want to. She said that my problems are very complex and that a day program of therapy might be a good option for me. I have DID, BPD, OCD, PTSD and Depression. I don't know if I am ready for such intense therapy. My husband says that if I waited until I was ready I probably would never be. And he is right, but I am scared none the less. I don't know what to do. She was the first Dr. after years of therapy and different Dr.s that I felt finally got me.
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can relate to what your saying...I hate having to retell my story over and over to new people...I had a good therapist when I was a teen but the minute I turned 18 I had to find new therapist...after a while though...I decided not to bother anymore...

but I think that daily group thing could be good...try it and see...the worst that can happen is that your not ready and you can let them know...
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Can you get your doctor to refer you to someone good?? Sometimes change is a good thing..If you have problems talking at first then write down your thoughts and let him/her read them..They know how to start slow until you build up that bond of trust,..Don't discount the therapy.. In my opinion therapy works the best anyhow..Maybe find one that you can do one on one with..I tried group therapy and they made me very uncomfortable.. I was told my way of thinking was unacceptable and never went back..My therapist I see has helped me quite a bit..So try the one on one..
  4. Hey sometimes change is a good thing new set of eyes new approaches new ideas Group therapy can help some If your doctor thinks its a good idea try it okay if it is not you can always cancell later. Just remember doctors care and if you can see new doctor before old one leaves this will be better take care you can do it.
  5. unnati

unnati Member

just go thru the new.. and njoy whatever comes to you... never bother about what to tell.. face it .. it would be interesting... ok..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.