What am I supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Hizoku, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hizoku

Hizoku Account Closed

Hello, all.

I'm not sure how to explain, and don't know if this is the right forum to post this kind of thread in, but here goes nothing.

I'm kind of unable to feel joy, happiness or anger with other people, apart from the one I fancy. Uhm, I'm not sure if that makes sense, actually.

Well, the problem is. When i'm with other people I feel simply nothing, when people tell a joke i'm not the one laughing. If people say mean things, I simply don't care and let them say those things to me without feeling any hatred or disgust towards them. Though, when it comes down to the girl I like it's something entirely different. I'd be able to enjoy my time, with her i'm not having any problems showing my emotions.

The girl I fancy broke up with me, however. So, Idk, what is wrong with me, is it because I have trouble getting over her?

Thanks in advance for any advice given on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Hmm...I wonder...

Because I don't know you personally- I'm not sure how you are all the time. I did know a guy in school who was fairly-umm- 'emotionless' < I will say. It was part of his charm. I never really thought too hard whether or not he was ever *actually* concerned about his inability to feel- and now that I think about it; it is troubling.
    Have you spoken to a doctor about this before? It may be a chemical imbalance... or it may just be the way you are, I suppose.
    I think it's perfectly normal for you to feel more towards someone whom you care alot about. Maybe it's just that level of the relationship that allows/ed you to feel more strongly?
  3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

It's probably strange me replying to this, but I will anyway.

I can relate to how you feel a lot. Before I met [you] I never felt any emotions towards anyone. I had friends but I didn't really care about them, I had people at school who I didn't like but I never felt anger or bitterness towards them, I'd been bullied but I never really felt anything. I feared being humiliated so much but when I was in a situation where one might feel humility, I can't really re-call every actually feeling it. I was embarassed, but never to the point of humiliation. I just let it all go over my head. I go out with my friends to the cinema and out ice skating but I never really enjoy myself, as I just don't feel anything. If anything, I feel annoyed because I'd wasted my time and money on an empty, blank day. I'd much rather be inside playing games or watching a movie, I enjoy my time much more that way. My friends even used to poke fun at me more and more to see who could make me angry first, because no matter what they did or said, I was always simply passive and indifferent to them and everything they did. I do wish I could feel those things though; joy when out with my friends, anger at people when I have every right to be angry with them. It's kind of silly to not be able to feel what you should be feeling.

I don't know what the problem is though, or if it's even normal.
  4. Hizoku

Hizoku Account Closed

I've never spoke to a doctor about this, it only started awhile ago however. It's just very difficult to put into words how exactly you feel in those situations. Maybe visiting a doctor could help, I'll see if that's possible.

I indeed felt alot for the person, it might just be because of that, that I have a difficult time feeling anything at all when I am not with her.

Thank you for you reply. It's appreciated.

That must've been quite difficult for you aswell. It's not easy, you'd have to fake your emotions in order to show that you appreciate what's done. Or are enjoying your time with the people you are out with.

Though, I don't understand why your friends made a competition out of "Who's the first to make you angry". It doesn't make any sense at all. Sorry that you had to go through that.

However, imagine that you have to put up a fake empty smile, everytime a friend of you makes a joke. Or pretend to be angry, while you actually aren't at all. They'll figure it out eventually, that you don't feel anything or are faking your emotions. Then you end up having difficulties fitting in, and again would be considered to be a loner. Just because you lack emotion.

Thanks for the replies though,