what am i

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Wastingecho, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i didn't want to write this - i hate myself for having to write this now but it hurts too much not to and i have nowhere else to go

i'm tearing myself apart inside - i want to help my friend so badly, i'm trying so hard yet failing so utterly

this person has done more for me than anyone should have to, to keep me among the breathing, and yet i'm afraid - afraid that i'm losing the same battle to reach the most important person in my life

and if i lose my friend, i lose my anchor

so am i really a concerned friend or just a selfish bastard?
  2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

There is nothing wrong with needing an anchor. Does your friend know that they are your anchor?? I think if you were to tell them it would be different. They would see how much you need them. That could give them a reason to hang on as well. :hug: Hang in there
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree. Let this friend know how much you value them. Read the threads and posts around here. "would anyone know/care/notice etc. if I did it?" So many people think or feel that they dont make a difference to one other living thing on this planet. Maybe that is part of what your friend is feeling.

I am so grateful that you are there and taking the effort and time to help your friend. Not enough people in RL do that. Keep supporting this person. But in the process, dont forget about you ok? Take time to allow yourself to breath. To take a rest. To remember that you count too and that you need to take care of you so that you can keep helping your friend. Let others here help you and also help your friend. :arms:
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

We are all selfish...I do not believe in altruism...we are all concerned with finding comfort and being loved...we do good to feel good...this is human nature and not something that is shameful...being a good friend is both commendable and brave...I am sure you are to her...big hugs, J
  5. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i am scared...for both of us

cannot get through

afraid to ask the question - don't know if i can handle the answer
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

not in others eyes you matter as much as anyone else you are as special and important as anyone here take care okay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.