What are great things to imagine?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by trinisty, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinisty

trinisty Well-Known Member

Hey lovely and amazing people!

So I've through medication for a past few days, and I feel a little bit better. My psychiatrist told me how to deal with my depression and how to see the world differently.

I have this weird habit since I was a little kid, I love to imagine stuff. I love to talk to myself, imagining things... fantasy or not. I used to imagine acting in a sci-fi movie when I was a kid. That habit grew up with me. Since I'm older now, I don't really like imagining those type of sci-fi or fantasy type of things. Instead, I imagine a real life scenarios. That imagination actually brought me to this depression, I was disappointed because most of my life scenarios never happened. I can't live without imagining stuff and talking to myself. I feel lonely and sad. At the same time, I feel scared to imagine another life scenarios because I don't want to fall into the same hole. I know it's a weird question, but do you guys have any ideas what should I imagine? I can't get rid of this habit, it's living inside me and with me.

Anyway, thank you guys. Love you, have a great day!
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It is not a weird question. As little kids we learn to read, write and imagine things..I think some of us don't grow out of it for comfort. I do this too and have always done, it is very helpful to my condition (BPD) and helps me get through hard times, to get out of the real world. I listen to music and imagine I am on stage singing them in front of an audience, I imagine being a paramedic, imagine i'm really skinny lol It's not a bad thing for me at all. I'd suggest imagining how you could change your life positively.

You are not alone in doing this, in fact I remember replying to someone not that long ago that did the same thing!!

Be yourself, imagine what you want, you're amazing.
  3. MildCat

MildCat Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this! I listen to music all the time, so I like imagining that I'm a performer in one of my favorite musicals. I have terrible anxiety, so I doubt I could ever really do it... But it's a great sentiment lol. l also like to put myself in the same situations characters in the book I'm reading or video game I'm playing are in. I guess I still haven't grown out of my sci-fi stage haha :)

I would imagine anything that makes you happy. That's the best advice I can give.
  4. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I like to imagine lots of stuff in my life is different
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.