What are my options?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Leiaha, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Can i refuse 2 see the crisis team if i OD? What would happen if i did? I've seen them before and they dont work for me! What are my options?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi leiaha,

welcome to sf, I'm glad you found us :hug:

As far as I am aware you can refuse to talk to people such as the crisis team but they can section you if you OD.
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Yes you can refuse, they will more than likely still try talk to you and get you to talk to them. How was it that they didnt help last time?have you tried help just one on one with a doc? Welcome anyway and hope we see more of you :hug:
  4. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Yes many times! I had a psychiatrist and she told me not 2 tell people how i feel cos it upsets them. She also told me to kill myself quietly. My CPN didnt take me seriously. The crisis team were useless. Each time i told them i felt suicidal they told me 2 watch a film or have a cup of tea 2 take my mind off it. Becos off this i stopped tellin them so they discharged me for not engaging with them. I cant win
  5. boostfed

boostfed Member

I don't see how they can do anything for you not "engaging" with them. And people shouldn't suggest how you should die. No person should be able to control your fate.
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

That is awful hun i'm sorry you have been treated this way.i hope you are away from the shrink that told you to kill yourself quietly. And as for being told the film or cup of tea that imo would be there way of dealing with it as they dont understand the feeling.and in distracting yourself for that one moment,it keeps you alive till your next impulse.hopefully having us to talk to will help you.x
  7. freefalling

freefalling Active Member

"Go for a walk,watch a film,get urself a hobby".These are all useless pieces of advice that ppl tell us to do to try and stop themselves from looking at the full picture.What I would say is don't shut urself away completely from the crisis team because this time they may be able to help.You can not be forced to see anyone or speak to anyone if you don't want to no matter what ur age or circumstance but don't asolutely rule out any help that is out there just because of past experiences.I hope you find your answers and take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.