What are some opinions that make your blood BOIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldub20

Sometimes, opinions can go as far as making a person feel suicidal. But in most cases, they make one's blood boil.

As much as the 1st Amendment gives people the right to have the most obscene opinions imaginable (yes, aspiring child molesters can have the opinion that "it's completely acceptable to molest children"), it also gives me the right to criticize certain opinions.

I'd like to start with this opinion: "We should judge people by their demographics (i.e. their race, age, sexual orientation, gender, and religious identification!"

Two words: FUCK THAT! Not all black people are all alike. Not all gay people are alike. Not all women are alike. Not all 65-year olds are alive. Not are Muslims are alike. But is there a difference between all people with this opinion?: "It's completely acceptable to rape women who dress provocatively!" I didn't think so. There is nothing wrong with judging people for their opinions (which, in most cases, are things they can't control)! There is EVERYTHING wrong with judging people because of their demographics (i.e. things they can't control)!

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Ldub20

I have had insane comments over the years due to the fact that I am deaf. People are quick to judge what I can or cannot do.

Yeah my blood boils from time to time but not as much as before in the younger years. People can be ingorant or just plain dumb. No matter what you are just keep proving their sterotype wrong by educating them.

After all freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consquences as one lawyer found out the hard way flipping off his mouth overhearing people talk to each other in another language here in America.

jxdama

Staff Alumni
Sometimes, opinions can go as far as making a person feel suicidal. But in most cases, they make one's blood boil.

As much as the 1st Amendment gives people the right to have the most obscene opinions imaginable (yes, aspiring child molesters can have the opinion that "it's completely acceptable to molest children"), it also gives me the right to criticize certain opinions.

I'd like to start with this opinion: "We should judge people by their demographics (i.e. their race, age, sexual orientation, gender, and religious identification!"

Two words: FUCK THAT! Not all black people are all alike. Not all gay people are alike. Not all women are alike. Not all 65-year olds are alive. Not are Muslims are alike. But is there a difference between all people with this opinion?: "It's completely acceptable to rape women who dress provocatively!" I didn't think so. There is nothing wrong with judging people for their opinions (which, in most cases, are things they can't control)! There is EVERYTHING wrong with judging people because of their demographics (i.e. things they can't control)!

I agree with you. Thats my my blood boiled when many people on the left ripped into Kanye West for saying something nice about Donald Trump. Its as if they all think black people can have only 1 opinion.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I hate it when even doctors say just quit just stop what you are doing be it drinking or drugs if it was that easy there would not be any addicts or alcoholics these are people with a brain disorder it is an illness and if you could help them find the core of why they use why they drink and treat the core isssue then you would be helping them. I hate it they sit and judge and don't have a clue they dont it is not as easy as just stopping god use you brain ok use it.

Ldub20

@Ldub20

I have had insane comments over the years due to the fact that I am deaf. People are quick to judge what I can or cannot do.

Yeah my blood boils from time to time but not as much as before in the younger years. People can be ingorant or just plain dumb. No matter what you are just keep proving their sterotype wrong by educating them.

After all freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consquences as one lawyer found out the hard way flipping off his mouth overhearing people talk to each other in another language here in America.
When people assumptions about others and think that those assumptions are correct, that's the worst. I don't mind if people assume certain things about others because of their opinions, but because of their demographics? People who assume certain things about others because of their demographics (and think their assumptions are the truth) make Charles Manson look like an angel! Anyone with positive opinions of that behavior is a much worse person than Charles Manson could EVER BE!

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
What's been said to me that pisses me off to the point of pure, unadulterated rage:

- What you feel is wrong.
- Your beliefs are unrealistic, and therefore, irrelevant.
- I know what you feel better than you do.
- I know you won't kill yourself.
- It doesn't matter how you feel; push through it.
- Your life wasn't that bad compared to X, Y, Z.
- Everyone feels pain the same way.
- Just because some dumbfuck with a diploma says so, doesn't mean you have a mental illness; you pretend to be a victim.
- You act the way you act on purpose.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
Sometimes, yes. But mostly, I find this not to be the case. So it's my first instinctual notion, but then I make sure for myself.

Ldub20

Sometimes, yes. But mostly, I find this not to be the case. So it's my first instinctual notion, but then I make sure for myself.
Yeah. I can understand where you are coming from, as people who hold that opinion can across as snobbish and make themselves look snobbish. However, people who assume that popular things are always good come across as "sheeple" (people who refuse to think for themselves, the dumbest type of people imaginable), ignorant of history.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I don't really give a damn how I come across when it comes to that. Usually, intelligent people don't view me in that way. So when someone does, I know its probably likely that they're part of that ignorant majority. And I don't acknowledge the opinions of morons, so I'm perfectly fine regardless of what they think.

"Why are you like this? You're life isn't even bad."

I hate it when people say this to me, it makes me feel like I don't have a right to be sad. I don't like it when people tell me this, it may not be as bad as other people's but it's what I'm feeling. You can't just tell not to feel empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00