Ideas & Opinions What are some unanswerable questions that bother you?

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
If an ambulance is on its way to save someone, and it runs someone over, does it stop to help them?

If parents say, “Never take candy from strangers” then why do we celebrate Halloween?

If the sky is the limit, then what is space, over the limit?

If you blew a bubble in space would it pop?

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
What's the real origin of our moon?
i can help the story is when the planet it was forming it was hit by another body all that debris settled into orbit around the protonearth and then formed are moon its the moon is moving away and not locked like most moons are

think this idea came from the apollo landings they brought back rock samples and were shock to find the moon is made of the same stuff as Earth

Unenthusiastic

i can help the story is when the planet it was forming it was hit by another body all that debris settled into orbit around the protonearth and then formed are moon its the moon is moving away and not locked like most moons are

think this idea came from the apollo landings they brought back rock samples and were shock to find the moon is made of the same stuff as Earth
That seems to be the prevailing theory, yes, but a part of me wants to believe it was towed into position by aliens.

Unenthusiastic

I have heard stuff like that before as well as that the moon is really gods home he is sat in there watching us
Lots of interesting conspiracy theories regarding the moon. I'm certainly not trying to suggest I believe them, but it can be an interesting discussion to have at the very least.

Unenthusiastic

I have heard stuff like that before as well as that the moon is really gods home he is sat in there watching us
It's conjectured by certain elements of society that the moon is really an ancient spacecraft of sorts and that there are still certain elements of that responsible species still residing inside of it.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
If someone states they do not think they have empathy for anyone exept themselves, does it mean they are anti-social, or something more serious.

Why does no one acknowledge the fact that Carly Simon's 'You're So Vain' song, while the words are supposedly calling out someone for being vain because they might think that the song is about them, that they can't be vain because the song is indeed about them? I mean, if the song is about you, than why would you be considered vain for thinking it is about you? I would think you'd be considered vain if it wasn't about you, and you were thinking that it was. Aah, the mysteries of the universe...

Here's one that comes up often. Why does it seem that there is a plan for some people so that things in their life are 'taken care of' or at least make sense, but others are just left in the gutter to rot, seemingly just at random for pointless suffering with no purpose?

Are some people more important than others? Is this an example of a supreme being playing favoritism? Is it just an illusion, and only caused by my current perspective because I don't have all the facts? Or something completely different, or nothing at all?

Here's one that comes up often. Why does it seem that there is a plan for some people so that things in their life are 'taken care of' or at least make sense, but others are just left in the gutter to rot, seemingly just at random for pointless suffering with no purpose?

Are some people more important than others? Is this an example of a supreme being playing favoritism? Is it just an illusion, and only caused by my current perspective because I don't have all the facts? Or something completely different, or nothing at all?
This is a great question. I think there are a variety of factors but I've noticed that people who encounter good fortune seem to share certain traits such as
- physically attractive
- financially secure
- charismatic
- confident
- well connected - network of family and friends
- intelligent

Not that an individual must have all of these traits, but it does help when down on your luck. I don't think there is necessarily any supernatural intervention on their behalf. It's not God or the Universe playing favourites, it's human beings.

To be fair, I also believe in the "thousand unseen helping hands" that come into play when someone takes certain risks (creatively, for example). You just happen to meet people who will help you. I have encountered this as a writer. But again it helps to have some of the traits listed above. And there are certain factors (such as poverty and stress) that can hinder your ability to take advantage of creative opportunities.

Last edited:

Waves

This is a great question. I think there are a variety of factors but I've noticed that people who encounter good fortune seem to share certain traits such as
- physically attractive
- financially secure
- charismatic
- confident
- well connected - network of family and friends
- intelligent

Not that an individual must have all of these traits, but it does help when down on your luck. I don't think there is necessarily any supernatural intervention on their behalf. It's not God or the Universe playing favourites, it's human beings.

To be fair, I also believe in the "thousand unseen helping hands" that come into play when someone takes certain risks (creatively, for example). You just happen to meet people who will help you. I have encountered this as a writer. But again it helps to have some of the traits listed above. And there are certain factors (such as poverty and stress) that can hinder your ability to take advantage of creative opportunities.
Survival of the fittest summarized. 🤓. Hard to accept because it is hard if not blessed with attraction etc.

Survival of the fittest summarized. 🤓. Hard to accept because it is hard if not blessed with attraction etc.
True but some of it can be learned. I've been watching this guy Dan O'Connor on YouTube - social communications skills including for workplace and personal life. Very enlightening.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00