What are some ways you let go of control?

I had a tough weekend. Feelings of loneliness , sadness, depression, guilt, shame, all consumed my thoughts for most of this weekend.

I knew I was spiraling down into a dark pit and I didn’t try to stop it. In fact I thought of worse things to keep myself down there.

Why must I keep a sense of control by keeping myself depressed instead of letting myself be happy.

I think in these emotional states, there's a tendency to try to crank up the intensity. I'm not sure why that's so.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
@Sunshine89 I'm in firm control all week, and weekends I dedicate to stop pretending to be a grownup and allowing myself to have fun doing whatever the heck I want. In fact I sort of have the opposite problem, I have to remind myself to not let go of so much control that I get goofy. I think somewhere between our two extremes there's a happy medium.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Sunshine89 I'm in firm control all week, and weekends I dedicate to stop pretending to be a grownup and allowing myself to have fun doing whatever the heck I want. In fact I sort of have the opposite problem, I have to remind myself to not let go of so much control that I get goofy. I think somewhere between our two extremes there's a happy medium.
lol excellent post I must say @HumanExMachina it made me laugh out loud too but also makes a lot of sense especially not being a ''grownup'' for the weekend, i might even take that on board :)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
lol excellent post I must say @HumanExMachina it made me laugh out loud too but also makes a lot of sense especially not being a ''grownup'' for the weekend, i might even take that on board :)
That inner kid we all have needs to be allowed to have fun and play on the weekend, if not our outer grownup is going to have a long week:) All well and good, but I just take it a little too far and it can too easily become Lord Of The Flies-ish :eek:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00