what are the coping technics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane doe

I´ve read this term in a lot of threads and i don´t know what it it. would someone tell me what it means? i speak spanish and there are some words that i don´t know

Fatman1966

Antiquitie's Friend
I'll translate as best I can.

What do you do to help stop yourself from doing something that will harm you.

Thing you do that make life a little more bearable.

Ways of not feeling worse than you do now.

From a dictionary :-

COPE: To contend with difficulties and act to overcome them.
TECHNIQUE: The systematic procedure by which a complex or scientific task is accomplished.

L
I try to think about how my life might get better one day. I try to think about my hopes and dreams for the future. I try to believe that god has me here for a reason. I try to think about positive qualities about myself. I post my thoughts and feelings on the internet as a way to vent.

These are all ways that I cope with my suicidal feelings.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I use prayer and hope as coping techniques. I ask for patience and the ability to withstand the blows of living in this world. I do everything I can to help others, no matter how small the kindness. I try to take things one day at a time, as yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't got here yet, so I may as well live in 'today'. I try to remember my blessings and thank God for them and apologize to Him for whining and complaining all the time. I also depend heavily on the support and love of family and friends, including and especially my friends here on the forum.

I do best when I'm counting my blessings instead of complaining about all that I don't have and all that I"m not. THose things can change, so I try to remember that bad things don't last forever, even tho it may seem that way.

I hope this helps.

love and hugs and hope,

least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00