what are the current pros/ cons in your life?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i'll start:

pros: i have these forums, i have a lot of love for music / movies, i've a pet puppy, and i have lots of internet games i can play.

cons:

i've no family/ friends support, i've still not found meds that really work for me, i'm not sure where my life is going and what i want to do, i've not accomplished much, and i've taken up self harming again

2. SadBk

SadBk Well-Known Member

I'll play.

Pros:
    - job I like, that pays the bills
    - cats
    - healthy parents that don't need me for anything
    - my brother
    - several decent friends I've not alienated yet
    - a therapist I love
    - my Sims/internet/dvds/cable/books (escapism)
    - thin and reasonably healthy

Cons:
    - no husband/boyfriend
    - no kids
    - no chance of ever having the above
    - borderline personality disorder
    - pain of having lost the only guy I want. It doesn't go away
    - can't understand people & can't be understood by them
    - can't eat like a normal person
    - no more laughter
    - music is ruined forever and I used to love it SO much
    - can't participate in the world
    - can't talk to anyone from the past (save those very few people)
    - shame and self-loathing
    - fail at being human

3. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

Pros:

I have my health, I have my two kids who love me (and I love them) and are healthy, I have the best parents who would jump over the moon for me and are still pretty young considering my age, I am happy where I live, I have gainful employment (even if they are not the jobs of my life), for now, I have a roof over my head and can put food on the table, I found this forum for support, I'm bilingual (which means I can participate in this forum:D)

Cons:

I live with a wife (soon to be ex, I hope) who wouldn't shed a tear if I dropped dead today, I am in the middle of a very rough divorce, I feel like the world (minus my kids, parents, and a few other LOYAL friends) is against me, I feel like a loser for being in debt above my head (even if it is mostly do to my wife not working all these years), I wish I had a job I could be proud of, I am scared of what awaits my kids and I if our apartment goes to foreclosure, I am scared of what awaits me when my wife and I do finally get divorced (mostly, how often will I get to see my kids)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.