what are the factors that determine how shitty your life really is?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by suicida, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicida

suicida Banned Member

Some people apparently can have a lot of things going for them but they're still depressed...

Blame me, but I can't relate to that, or sympathize much - that may be heartless or out of line, but what the heck

So can such a person in theory be free of all the factors that cause depression for most

Most of us feel we have nothing going for us,

Some factors I can come up with:

life situation: decent job? decent education? I score 0 here

physical appereance: happy with ur wardrobe? happy with ur weight, height, traits? Growing up in poverty I always wore the same stuff, the few items i deemed acceptable - today, I'll say I'm happy on this level

public transporation: do u have a car? I have my parents car and it helps, its an extension of my home and private sphere, put me in a bus with loads of people, and my social phobia kicks in and i start feeling self-conscious

illnesses: apart from mental ones? Ive developped IBS from the stress of OCD

mental disorder: OCD

love life: this usually will fall in place if uve got something going and are not depressed, ive never touched a girl and come to not care to

self-esteem, self-worth: In my spiritually, ive come to understand the world in a way which helps keep my spirit up

childhood, trauma, school, assaults: in school, it felt like prison for me, and i felt alone in my childhood, plus a divorce, and dysfunctional environment

friends, family, social life: nothing here for me

<Mod Edit, WildCherry>

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

The only thing I can say to this is that our lives are relative to each of us individually. We are all different and so the same thing will affect us all differently. Its not just black & white.

Stay safe.

3. fatloser

fatloser Banned Member

For me, my life has completely gone to shit which is what has me depressed. I am getting a divorce from my " Wife ", I was laid off from my job back in August and have yet to find anything new, because of the topper for my shit life, I now have a felony on my record from a marijuana charge, which has me even more depressed and has had me considering suicide, even though i'd never go through with it. I guess I am just mad at myself because I never seem to make the right decisions, and get away with nothing. So when I hear people who complain when they have everything going for them, I want to slap the shit out of them and tell them to appreciate what they have, because things could be a lot worse. I guess that is true for me too, because I do have support from my family, a roof over my head, etc. I guess I wish I could go back in time and appreciate what I had when I had it.

4. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Just because it may appear others have everything going for them, none of us really know what others are trying to deal with. Unless we're permitted an intimate view of their lives, experiences, responsibilities, fears and burdens, it isn't fair to label and/or judge them. An exterior can be whitewashed to hide the mold and holes eating away at its stability...

5. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Member

Short answer yes there are people out there like that. I have everything you described above. Much more then most people and I'm still relatively young (28) and things keep improving. I will probably be a multi millionaire by 46 and retire at 48 if things go at this pace. But I don't feel like writing an essay as to why I can pick up the gun laying next to me and pull the trigger right now without much thought. I might actually go through with it at the end of this year. So lets just put it this way: the past can be a bitch.....I cant change my past......ever no matter how much I succeed or achieve my past will NEVER change.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

for me, i think the main factor is life situation.

right now, my situation is... well, quite a lot of time- i don't feel alive at all so i don't have any desire to live. totally less than perfict

7. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Member

I was reading your other thread about only having two things to live for. Yes it can be quite hard to go on when you feel dead most of the time. I know the feeling well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.