What are the simple things that make you happy?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by boo, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

What are the simple things in life that makes you smile?

Me? Watching people walking their dogs. Looking at the dogs, so carefree, so innocent... i wish i was a dog.

Looking at the tree ouside my window while stoned, makes me realise how beautiful nature is. Looking at it's bark it's so beautiful...

My soft bed makes me very happy also.

2. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

3. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

we had this discussion in another thread and I am at the point that I have not luster....all the little things that use to give me a glim of excitement or hope has completely went gray and ugh.....

4. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I'm happy when my kitty cuddles up with me.
    I'm happy when I can lose myself in a good book.
    I'm happy when I laugh with my friends about the stupidest things, and then we laugh about them again when we look back at how stupid it really was.
    :)

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

A cup of coffee and a cigarette while browsing the net makes me happy.

6. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Alcohol and ciggs.
    Sex.
    Being out of the house.
    Watching football.
    Being with friends.

Yeah.

7. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

Its sad that people credit these things for there happiness when it reality its probably whats dragging you down the most. Such is the nature of drug addiction.

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

And what is the nature of your post other than making us feeling guilty?

9. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

aquaiting happiness to satisfying a chemical addiction is pathetic.

10. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

-Hearing a song on shuffle/radio that describes exactly how I feel
    -Getting an unexpected compliment (very rare on that one)
    -Waking up before the alarm just to find I've got another hour or so left to sleep
    -Finding money I stashed away long ago
    -A hug. Plain and simple, but it'd make me very happy if someone were to give me one.
    -Listening to the fun stories other people have to tell (since I never have any of my own, I always enjoy theirs)
    -Hearing from someone I haven't talked to in a long time
    -Laying on the cool grass at night and staring at the stars/moon
    -Laying on ground and staring at the clouds

I'm not really that hard to make happy, I just have trouble making myself happy. :(

11. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

The point of this forum isn't to try to make others feel worse.. we're all here looking for support or a friendly environment, there's no need to bring negativity or tell someone they're living their life the wrong way.. If smoking makes someone feel happy, then that's their choice

12. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

The thought of Boo playing an roll in Bondi Beach

save me mister lifeguard pls save me !
    allright dude, let me just finish my joint :D

13. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

we dont need this here, you to decide what is pathetic and whats not, now that is realy pathetic

14. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

The nature. I can take a look at the flowers and it makes me happy.

My dog. His funny faces and stupid habits always make me laugh... Sometimes I find him sitting under the curtain, his eyes are covered by it. It looks so weird.

Finding cash that I've forgotten about.

Hugs.

15. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Same here.

And Chameleon76, you may want to look into the nature of the brain and how it works before you throw around words like 'pathetic' and 'sad' and other unnecessary things.

Here's a teaser: The endorphins (they make you feel good/happy) that are released because of a funny joke or a good day or etc are exactly the same as the ones released by a drug such as nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine. Not the same amount, but the same ones nonetheless.

Of course I'm not suggesting that you, or anybody, take up smoking to feel good, but I enjoy defending my enjoyments, and your statements were more than a touch insulting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  16. 000000

000000 Well-Known Member

- Looking out of the window when it's rainy. I love the rain so much that I regard myself as a 'rainbather'.
    - Talking to my ex on the net. Everytime she logs into MSN a huge smile hits my face.
    - A bar of chocolate with a cup of tea. Heaven.

17. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Getting a hug from my sf friends :hug:

18. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

My newest cat. We adopted her from some friends who were moving and couldn't have her at their new place. She's one of those cats that have really thick fur that's not really short and not really long, so when you pet her she feels like one of those really expensive mink coats. And she seems to know when I'm feeling bad, because she always comes up and sits on my desk and watches me or curls up in my lap or beside me in the bed. When you pet her, she squints her eyes up and makes these little fluttering, purring sounds, like she wants you to know exactly how much she's enjoying it. It's really hard to be upset when you're petting a blissed-out cat.

19. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean there. My cat comes and curls up in my lap every night while I'm at the computer and just purrs away. He started doing that when I was feeling really down so it was really nice. Then I found out he just wanted to sleep in the chair, so he sits on my lap and waits for me to go so he can have it. xD Either way, animals are a great way to cheer up.

20. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Don't got to be an ass about it.

You really could hurt someones feelings,but I know some do

Just because you don't see a Fragile sticker on Boo doesn't mean she would take your comment badly.....and honestly I don't know if she would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.