What are the triggering subjects or things that make you die inside?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stylez, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

I cant watch tv, movies, teen television shows...guys with confidence, couples...all this makes me want to kill myself seriously...i can barley leave the house...anybody know the feeling? i dont know if triggering is the right word...this is just damaging me inside..it hurts my heart and stomach...i cant stand life fuck
  2. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

I have this a lot, I don't watch TV because of it. I can't stomach programmes like Ally McMeal-deal, Friends, soap-operas and basically most things. I'm not a goth nor do I revel in my sour emotions, but I just instantly feel so isolated by these programmes. They really make me feel upset. The issues they discuss make me feel really depressed and left out. I get like this around some of my friends also, when the topic shifts away from things that I feel a part of like music, art, books and so on, I instantly become depressed.

It's often a triggering mechanism for a really bad episode of depression. I can't seem to help it either, i just feel soo tragic straight away. Same thing happened tonight. I was down the gym, it was brief session, just 40 mins of CV and sit ups. I looked at myself in the mirror afterwards and I just feel instantly into a really bad episode of depression.

I've noticed when my friends talk about relations and girlfriends I get really self-concious, I've never been in a long relationship, just dated a few and had a few one night stands, stuff anyone can get. I don't ever feel that anyone could ever truely fancy me or love, I've got some really hideous problems with my body that i still believe that will completely exclude me from any real passion or romance in life.
  3. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

i really hate it when i see happy couples walking around looking so damned content. And its even worse when couples are kissing or soemthing in public, i always die a bit inside when i see that. It makes me feel so damned lonely.
    Also, interestingly enough, the sight of someone laughing always makes me feel horrible inside, because it reminds of my youth when I used to laugh as well. and how i havent felt happy enough to have a genuine laugh iin years now.
  4. The things that trigger me are much the same as those which you have posted. I agree about the television being a very major trigger. I was at my aunt's house on Monday, watching Deal or no Deal, and while that show wasn't so triggering, the commercial advertisements were. Alot of them being of happily dating/married couples, sexual stuff, etc. Not good to watch.
  5. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I loathe 99.9% of television. I can identify with you. TV can be very triggering.
  6. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

The word "loser" or the high school phrase of "that guy is gay"...fuck i can go on and on
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I know the feeling about not being able to leave the house >.< a lot of things trigger me lately. From TV shows to a word. Sometimes everything just becomes to triggering. :sad:
  8. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Certain TV progs can trigger me. That old stomach and heart feeling you describe alienation, is familiar. I don't watch much TV now, but Friends/Dawsons Creek/Buffy/Ally Mcbeal/etc - all made me feel wholly inadequate during my teenage years. I guess Desperate Housewives would be the current day equivalent. In fact, anything where all the characters are highly physically attractive, have constant wonderful/interesting conversation, lead 'exciting' lives, and where there are lots of sexual innuendos.

Why do these things trigger me? I think it's because when I'm sitting for extended periods of time in front of the box, I get slowly hypnotized, and my (already brittle) mental defence mechanisms weaken, thereby leaving me to unconsciously compare my life with that of the characters on screen, of which there is negligible resemblence. Thing is, the characters lead unrealistic lives. It's pure fantasy. No one leads a life like that, but many people dream they could, and that reels a viewer in.

TV is not there to improve our health.

I also feel triggered when anybody speaks to me in a disparaging way. To put this in perspective, I've left every single job I've had under a cloud, having either clashed with management or customers. Tut-tut.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.