What are they doing to me?!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sam2009, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

I'm at work at the moment, and everyone in the office is talking about suicide. There was a woman recently in our area who hanged (hung?) herself, and they just keep talking about it and how they could never do something like that. And saying other ways which they think would be better. I just want to scream at them to shut up. I'm just sitting here thinking about the last time I wanted to end it now, and I had been doing so well. Now thats brought me crashing down a bit. Especially because they so clearly don't understand how anyone could feel such despair that they would do that to themselves. Really struggling now. Sorry to vent but can't really moan about this to anyone else! Just wish people would think before they open their mouths, and realise that actually, they don't know everything.

2. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

why get yourself worked up by them? Their 'down' days will come as no one is immune to life's ups and downs. You should have just walked away.

3. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

if I walked away they would realise something was wrong. And yeah sure everyone has their down days, but I'm pretty sure not everyone is suicidal. And to be honest, wishing they would have a down day does not make me feel better about myself.

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hiya Sam,

A few months ago in work a guy's mum killed herself. Everyone was talking about it for ages. Some of the things they said were awful. I sat there the whole time wanting to defend this poor woman but somehow the words never came out.

I know how frustrating it can be hun. xx

5. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

Thanks Claire. Its just horrible sitting here listening to them laughing, yes laughing, about it. I suppose I'm jealous that for them it is such a distant thing that they will never have to worry about. Thanks :smile:

6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

:hug: How terrible that must be.

Stay strong. Some people just don't understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.