What are/were your favourite games/toys?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Kid B, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

It was a topic on the radio and Cluedo was being discussed. Could you remember all the characters?

Miss Peacock was the one I didn't get... Mrs Peacock? Maybe she got married!

Anyway from being in CHAT I know there are some Hot Wheels fans so pour out your favourite games and toys from yesteryear.

2. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Always partial to a game of Scrabble myself. My little one likes Cluedo, [It was Rev Green] so the character names are easy. I enjoy Backgammon and I still play poker a fair bit. A game of Triv is ok now and then. Battleships was always a favourite on rainy days. But top of the shop was Subbuteo. Often had tournaments in the summer holidays which often went on for days.
  4. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I am a Scrabble obsessive. I have the app on my devices and will probably play on average three games per day, my record score is currently 584.

I also like discovering new words, you know, sometimes you think it ought to be a word but isn't and vice versa. Mickle was a case in point the other day. It is a word allowed in Scrabble though I never checked out its meaning.
    Corvette likes this.
  5. Louise K

Louise K Active Member

Mine has to be Risk where you try to take over the whole world or at least parts of it
  6. Corvette

Corvette Member

connect 4 and monopoly
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I loved the troll dolls, I don't know if anyone has mentioned them but they were freaking awesome.
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Card games such as Euchre , Gin Rummy, Blackjack, War, Checkers, Trouble and the outdoor games such as dodgeball, kickball, capture the flag, and forever evolving 4 square.

Was outdoors more than indoors to be honest was always outdoors exploring til dark as lived on a lake that bordered our land. Plenty of stuff to explore.

Had ninja turtle and the pizza thrower, nerf guns, creepy crawlies, science lab that made drinks, the baking oven to make tiny cakes, fish tanks for my ever growing collection of assorted creatures I caught. Newts, frogs, turtles, all kinds of fish
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Ofc they were so popular back then my sister collected alot of them. She had like over 100 of them I liked to play with their hair and drive her nuts
  10. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

Chess, checkers, poker cards, monopoly, risk, Chinese checkers, air hockey, foozeball, and motherfucking Crossfire. xD

WALLY GASKIN Well-Known Member