what are you attracted to?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by asking_for_it, Apr 25, 2012.

1. asking_for_it

asking_for_it Member

What attracts you to someone?

Hands are really important for me!! Not the most important, obvs.. but still..i like a man with good hands.

Also attracted to;

Nice arms
    Animal Lovers
    Funny
    Clever
    Impulsiveness
    Dark Hair

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

eyes have it for me

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Nice eyes, nice smile, good sense of humor, friendly, creative, fun loving, down to earth, kind, caring, loyal, honest

4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I think I'd be attracted to someone who is "abnormal" just like me. Someone who is very shy, introverted, different from everyone else, suffering mentally as well. I'd feel a special bond, connection, attachment to her. I just can't relate with all the normal people out there (ie. go to parties, clubbing, live life to the fullest, etc.) , and unfortunately, they are 99% of the population, it feels like. I'd want someone who is a big nerd, geek, dork and loves videogames.

5. Willow

Willow Member

I noticed that I am usually drawn to people with personalities that are somewhat similar to mine, as I can relate to them better.
    Shy and introverted people attract me by leaving me the impression that they hide a certain depth that I can explore.
    Also, as I am over sensitive, I feel more comfortable with soft, caring people, who are understanding with emotions.
    I don’t have many physical preferences, but I have a thing for guys with long hair.

But what I am attracted to is a little bit irrelevant, as no one is attracted to me.

6. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I don't know... I really don't... I like girls who are interesting... Not boring... I can't really describe it, but you know it when you see it!!!

p.s.: your avatar rules! (one of my top 5 albums of the 90's)

7. asking_for_it

asking_for_it Member

One of my top 5 albums ever. It's practically untouchable. :)

8. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Kindness, everything else is irrelevant. I can't specify what type of person i'm attracted to physically because all of the people i've been attracted to have looked completely different from each other.

9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Height. That's not the main thing, but it's up there. all the rest are personality traits... mainly kindness and a good sense of humor

10. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Yeah being short is another problem of mine however I never put it high on my problems list. Maybe I should? maybe thats whats wrong with me?

11. Incurious

Incurious Well-Known Member

Someone who I'd feel comfortable with, a similar sense of humour to mine, and a nice bum. The trifactor.

12. Perhapsa3

Perhapsa3 Well-Known Member

Warmth and honesty

13. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

intelligence HUMOUR - someone who makes me laugh.

14. Moat

Moat Banned Member

The forehead.

15. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

BTW, these are all mostly ideals in a bloke, not deal breakers, before someone is all "HIGH STANDARDS MUCH????????????//"

Physically -

Good hair that suits his face & head structure and skin tone
    Facial hair.. I HATE mustaches, but I like ruggedness
    Broad arms
    Eye colour that suits him
    Good height - 5'10"+
    Age - 18 - 29'ish? I'm 19..

Personality -

Someone who shows the "right" amount of caring. So not a overbearing clinger, but not some distant, boring guy who only sends one or two word texts like my last boyfriend.
    And someone I relate to as well, like similar past/problems I have had or have, as weird as it sounds, I think "flaws" help a person.. it makes them more interesting. I'd be far happier with a guy who has a 'past' then some guy who has had a near-perfect life.

Interesting.

Not a prude.

Sense of humour, not easily offended, etc.

Religious beliefs; I don't mind if he has a faith, but if he's deeply devout in his faith (whether it's any form of Christianity, Islam, whatever) we most likely won't be suitable. On the flipside, I find 'militant atheists' as annoying as fuck, so eh. I'm agnostic, but I don't want to pissed off by someone who is either deeply religious or anti-religious, since I find religious debates overdone and boring, this goes for both friends and relationships. Similar with political/economic/social beliefs.

I don't care about his financial situation, in fact, I'd prefer he was poor or on a normal income since we'd relate more and people wouldn't accuse me of gold digging or whatever, since I hate gold diggers and really don't care much about money. I don't care about his criminal record unless he's been done for things along the line of rape, murder, domestic violence, animal cruelty or child abuse.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  16. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

As narcissistic as it sounds, if I met the female me, I would probably marry her right away.

Nothing makes me more interested in someone than if we like the same bands, the same movies, the same kind of people, the same ideas about the world… or if we approach things the same way, or if we have similar pasts, or even similar physical features. I think we need to disagree sometimes but ultimately the more things we have in common the better.

The only thing I actively despise is having to do all of the work and impress someone and struggle and persist and fight and try not to make a mistake while they sit back and wonder if they like me-- screw that. If there's a sense of equality and harmony and I like the way she does things from the beginning, then we're all set.

17. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

This is what an audiophile I am: I've got the vinyl record & it's still in its shrink wrap!

18. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

I can't be picky, but I love women that like my strange sense of humour, and love women that make me laugh.

Pity the one's I know, are married. Just my luck, luck of the irish my arse!.

19. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

safety. dependability.

20. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Well it seems what I am attracted to is pretty much a bad thing, never worked out once for me.

Warmth, caring, comapassionate. Height doesnt bother me, size neither matters, I don't find many physical features attractive. Their personality is all I find myself attracted to.