What are you reading right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman. One of my favorite authors, and it's a short story collection, which is always interesting. Don't know why it's taken me this long to start when it came out in 2015. Pretty good though. I'll have to see if I can eventually get my hands on a copy of his newer books too.

Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas. It's historical fiction about a mining town in the Ten Mile range in Colorado in the 1930s. I loved living there so it's a nice trip down memory lane, but I'm almost finished. :(

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I'm attempting to read Sanity, Madness and the Family by RD Laing and Aaron Esterson - it's a study of 11 women diagnosed with schizophrenia, first published in 1964.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
Notes on a Banana by David Leite. It's the memoir of a food writer who has bipolar disorder. Found it on a bookshelf at the public library downtown, and it sounded like it'd be right up my alley since I love food and reading about it, and I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder in the past.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
I'm reading two now: Criminology Goes to the Movies by Michelle Brown and Nicole Hahn Rafter-- it explains theories of the causes of crime through the lens of various popular films. Just getting a refresher on criminological theory ahead of my research paper/presentation I have due at the end of the semester for my Criminal Justice class. Picked that topic because I have a strong interest in that area of the subject.
Plus I'm finally getting back to this one I started reading in July 2016 but had to return to the library before I moved to Pittsburgh
The Book of Woe by Gary Greenberg. It's basically about failures of psychiatry and the DSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00