What are you reading right now?

HumanExMachina

Swills Soup
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Oh my gosh! Roger Zelazny.

I read the Amber series about 40 years ago. That would be a fun series to reread.
It was probably around that long ago that I first tried to get into it. Usually for me to commit to a long series like Amber, it has to grab me right away, but for some reason it didn't click with me until recently.

Sunday16

Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris - it's a book of light hearted, funny Christmas essays.

I'm on the last essay and then I'm going to start Slouching Toward Bethlehem by Joan Didion.

MarkahMalady

Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris - it's a book of light hearted, funny Christmas essays.

I'm on the last essay and then I'm going to start Slouching Toward Bethlehem by Joan Didion.
Omg I love David Sedaris! If you get an opportunity to see him do a reading you should totally check it out. He's a comic genius. :) He come to town here almost every year and it is such a treat.

"It gets worse" by Shane Dawson its not like what it sounds but if you know who Shane is he's a funny person and I've been following his yd. channel for almost 7 to 8 years its a funny and great read

"Unloved: The True Story of a Stolen Childhood" by Peter Roche.
Can't remember the last time I've been reading a book with such interest, I've started it 2 days ago, and I am finishing it today if I have time.

Daíthí

What will be will be
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
SF Social Coordinator
"What's wrong with eating people?" - Peter Cave
It's about various philosophical quandaries, good for getting the mind working and providing alternative perspectives

Sunday16

Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion
I read it in college 20 years ago as part of a journalism class and felt like it was time to revisit it. I'm enjoying it more the second time around.

bhawk

Im stilll halfway through re-reading dostoyevskys crime and punishment, then after that ive got a couple more terry pratchett books to read before i read the riverworld series again (itll be the fifth time ive read it lol)

crumbum

I'm reading the Book of Baruch.. an apocryphal Hebrew text from the post Roman occupation period.. but allegorical to the Babylonian exile period.

I'm also reading Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Joe Dispenza.. not so far in but it seems a lot to do with quantim physics and relation between thought and action as relates to energy and matter.. interesting so far.

I'm also reading (yea I read several books at the same time) Xenophon's bio of Cyrus the Great and also a little more intermittently Bancrofts History of the United States of America written in the 1830's I think.. I read that one slowest cause I want to savor it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00
Goal
$255.00