1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by wheresmysheep, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

Lottery it's about a young man with a 76 IQ who wins the lottery. I'm really enjoying it!

crumbum likes this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support SF Artist SF Supporter

Reading for the second time
    the Safron Robe by T Lobsang Rampa
    I too read several books at a time......back and forth as the mood beckons

crumbum likes this.
  3. AsphyxiateOnWords

AsphyxiateOnWords Eρεβος/Νύξ

Corey Taylor, Seven Deadly Sins

crumbum likes this.
  4. possumrot

possumrot Member

teatro grottesco by thomas ligotti

5. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

I'm reading a variety of magazines. Might try and fnish my romance novel later.

6. Mr Hope

Mr Hope Last Island

Henry Kissinger "World Order"

7. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Decision at Doona by Anne McCaffrey. The ethics of having colonized a planet which was already home to a sentient lifeform, after swearing off all contact with sentient species, having once caused a mass suicide as a result.

MisterBGone likes this.
  8. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

Working on a romance novel...i normally read a ton of non-fiction, so this is a pleasant change.

9. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

HumanExMachina and baywasp like this.
  10. Aprilflowers7

Aprilflowers7 Well-Known Member

I'm reading more than one book at the moment. Two books are poetry; one is a Little House on the Prairie book; and one is "Foundation's Fear" by Gregory Benford (scifi). I have found that there are a lot of best-sellers at thrift stores. So I go there or I download the free or cheap books on the kindle.

Sunday16 likes this.
  11. Woowoo

Woowoo SF Pro SF Supporter

I'm trying to read Death Sentence by Damien Boyd which is a crime fiction book but, unfortunately, my concentration is not very good when I'm depressed so it's slow going.

12. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

The Big Truck that Went By, How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster
    by Jonathan Katz
    It's an eyewitness account of an American journalist living in Haiti when the 2012 earthquake struck. He tells a brutally honest story of how broken and ineffective the current system of disaster relief is.

Flying Fox likes this.
  13. Woowoo

Well I finished Death Sentence on Thursday and yesterday I read Heads or Tails, which is the next one in the series. I'm getting back my passion for reading :)

Flying Fox and Mandar like this.
  14. Woowoo

Since last week I've read two more crime fiction books - this time by Robert Bryndza. Really good books

15. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro

Zero Point - Neal Asher

16. Woowoo

Any good?

17. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro

I'm only about 80 pages in but I like it so far. It's book 2 of the Owner Trilogy. The first one was good.

Woowoo likes this.
  18. Woowoo

Thanks. I might give the first one a try then. I'm looking for something to read atm

HumanExMachina likes this.