What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by wheresmysheep, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

Lottery it's about a young man with a 76 IQ who wins the lottery. I'm really enjoying it!
    crumbum likes this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Artist SF Supporter

Reading for the second time
    the Safron Robe by T Lobsang Rampa
    I too read several books at a time......back and forth as the mood beckons
    crumbum likes this.
  3. AsphyxiateOnWords

AsphyxiateOnWords If you're 555, then I'm 666.

Corey Taylor, Seven Deadly Sins
    crumbum likes this.
  4. possumrot

possumrot Member

teatro grottesco by thomas ligotti
  5. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

I'm reading a variety of magazines. Might try and fnish my romance novel later.
  6. Mr Hope

Mr Hope Unilateral Positive Thinker

Henry Kissinger "World Order"
  7. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Decision at Doona by Anne McCaffrey. The ethics of having colonized a planet which was already home to a sentient lifeform, after swearing off all contact with sentient species, having once caused a mass suicide as a result.
  8. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

Working on a romance novel...i normally read a ton of non-fiction, so this is a pleasant change.
  9. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
    baywasp likes this.
  10. Aprilflowers7

Aprilflowers7 Well-Known Member

I'm reading more than one book at the moment. Two books are poetry; one is a Little House on the Prairie book; and one is "Foundation's Fear" by Gregory Benford (scifi). I have found that there are a lot of best-sellers at thrift stores. So I go there or I download the free or cheap books on the kindle.
    Sunday16 likes this.
  11. Woowoo

Woowoo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to read Death Sentence by Damien Boyd which is a crime fiction book but, unfortunately, my concentration is not very good when I'm depressed so it's slow going.
  12. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

The Big Truck that Went By, How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster
    by Jonathan Katz
    It's an eyewitness account of an American journalist living in Haiti when the 2012 earthquake struck. He tells a brutally honest story of how broken and ineffective the current system of disaster relief is.
  13. Woowoo

Woowoo Well-Known Member

Well I finished Death Sentence on Thursday and yesterday I read Heads or Tails, which is the next one in the series. I'm getting back my passion for reading :)
    Mandar likes this.