what are you supposed to do?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Malcontent, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

When you feel like you can't go on anymore, what are you supposed to do? When it feels like there's a knife buried in your chest and every movement drives it in deeper and nothing makes it any better, what's left to hope for except death? I can't take this burning inside me any longer, but nothing will take it away. I don't want to die but what else is there?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think the best thing to do when you feel as you say, is anything that will change your mind about yourself...I call a friend and say, "tell me you love me" when I feel I am about to decline...I go into the backyard (now that we have spring), I do anything that I know will give me a respite from hating myself...I acknowledge how imperfect I am and that ppl still care for me, warts and all...and I sit still when it is warranted...to not know is OK as well...hope this brings a little relief as you are a wonderful, bright and caring person...the ultimate question to me is how to allow myself to feel lost/poorly without it being a reflection of my self worth...I have not fully learned this lesson yet, by any means...all the best, J

3. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

I think Sadeyes has it. Take refuge in minutiae. Find something small that still works. Talk to us. Talk to somebody. Remember that you are real.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

what your signature says? take one day at a time, slow down.

or i try and figure out what the knife in the chest is and how to melt it/get it out.

i used to feel so much like you when i was younger (and recently) and i can empathise it is hell and death is like the only thing to stop the pain.

i try and sleep (although that can be impossible).

if you can remember a time when you didn't feel so awful- that can be helpful, to remember there were times of peace in your life and how you're feeling now can lessen in intensity with time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.