What Are Your Physical Symptoms Of Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I was curious about what physical symtoms others experience with their anxiety.

I have cold sweat, stomach ache, headache, sweaty palm, leg tapping, nail biting.
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I get terribly restless and agitated. My thoughts go fast and there is a sense of fear but I don't know what. Sitting still he hard and my stomach just gets unbearably tight.
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Really bad butterflies and then I don't like to talk. I just go silent :(.
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

It varies from situation to situation...
    The most common symptoms are sweating, shaking, tense muscles, lip biting(and teeth grinding) and inability to speak full sentences.
    I literally get one or two words out-- then have to take a moment before continuing... -__- people probably think I'm retarded if they first meet me in a crowded room. XD

There are times when I can't breathe, and feel faint... I *have* fainted a few times in public, actually.
    I also itch, and fidget with my hands. (<soo... people think I'm a drug addict)
    I laugh uncontrollably. (and when there's nothing funny- it's really embarassing... cause I can't seem to stop it)
    And I also get muscle spasms that I can't control at times-- either in my face or my legs.

I've been pretty good at hiding my symptoms lately; but there's the odd time that I think someone notices and actually knows what's going on-- and they give me some space to breathe.
  5. Maxie

Maxie Active Member

I do the lip biting,and my stomach hurts.

I sometimes start to have concentration problems and start to pace like a tiger.
  6. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Stomach aches, tight throat, tight chest, jaw cracking, muscles ache, sometimes trembling and pain to breathe. Numb hands, arms. Cotton legs. Rarely, fainting.
  7. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

tight chest, cant breathe
  8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

A sudden stressful situation and I start to sweat, even my socks get saturated and my heart races.

Chronic long-term stress has my neck almost always painfully in spasm, my shoulders hunched, jaw clenched and a crushing and suffocating feeling in my chest.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Headaches, muscle ache, unusual pains, fatigue, exhaustion, nausea(to the point of not being able to eat or drink anything), insomnia. Tight neck(is there a name for that :unsure: )
  10. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I'm a tooth grinder. I have ground my teeth to the point that I have actually bent the roots. My dentist is NOT proud of me.
  11. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Sweating a lot, teeth grinding, biting nails; I used to bite and suck on my sleeve constantly so nobody ever saw my lips for three whole years, but I grew out of that in the end. In certain situations I feel butterflies in my stomach, physically nauseous, I sometimes write the things I'd like to say on my thumb with my index finger like "Go away" or such.

I can't think of any more.
  12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

fatigue severe back pain migraines racing thoughts hyper vigilance jumpy
    agitation irritability etc etc etc
  13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

heart racing & shaking. I hate the shaking.
  14. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Sometimes I freeze, sometimes I start shaking. Heart racing, head feeling overwhelmed...
  15. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Anxiety.
    - Biting fingernails, until it comes to the point of hurting.
    - Biting my lip, I've this wound on the right side which bleeds when I open my mouth wide.
    - Difficult time expressing myself when i'm talking with someone. Whether it'd be online or in real. It's rather difficult for me to explain my thoughts without needing time to think about it first for a moment.
    - I stutter in real, when talking with people, i'd lose my train of thought and become rather nervous.

I think that's all. Interesting thread.
  16. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

Only this year have I started having panic attacks, in addition to fits of nervousness and twitching/compulsions, like feeling restless and like I have to move my right arm or crack my back or my neck. Once I start thinking about it it gets worse and starts to really bother me.

I flinch when someone touches me or touches my hands, or gets too close to me, and I get very hot and flustered and I want to curl up and cry. I chew the skin off my fingers a lot.
  17. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

For me its twitching, feeling restless, and for some reason my right arm always shakes. I also look from sid to side.
  18. Darc

Darc Well-Known Member

I used to be barely affected by noticeable physical symptoms, but in the past months they've gotten so strong, it's even harder to be among people now than before...
    There's distinct chest pain, heart racing, sweaty palms, wobbly knees, my head heating up like I've got a sudden fever, nausea and a feeling like I have an anchor in my stomach...sometimes also trouble breathing and stuttering when I try to start talking...I just wanted to go to the bank yesterday and could barely stand straight without my knees buckling...
  19. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

My insides heating up like an oven, sweat until it's all over. And I twitch (the worst!)
  20. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

Nail picking, messing with my fingers, biting my lip
    Then i started to sweat mainly my hands and back "/ .. cant stop moving my legs... look around the room alot (looking for a way out xD )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.