What are your reasons to keep on living?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by brknsilence, Jun 29, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

What are your reasons to keep on living? What keeps you going?

2. brknsilence

I post this in hopes not only to help myself on finding more reasons to keep going but for others to find reasons to keep going, too.

3. brknsilence

My kids and my husband keeps me going.

__d and liktheangel like this.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

My nephew, and I guess the rest of my family, even though they don't seem to care about me as much. Hope for the future and to one day have my own family.

5. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Hope for a cure. Finishing my degree. All those years of school and ending it the last year would be tragic. Hope of a future with my boyfriend. Curious to see if love lasts. Curious to see how the world turns out. To see if the first woman president is elected in America, to see if the worst possible president ever wins. Food. Sex.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  6. cren

cren Well-Known Member

the weird thing is i've got lots of reasons to want to end my life.. but only one reason to want to continue living.. and that's not wanting to hurt my friends and family..

CptCornClam, mark1976 and MinnBiker like this.
  7. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

Some of what was said in the above posts applies to my reasons too.

- Curiosity about what new things will happen in the world each day.
    - Not wanting to hurt...well my family...don't really have any friends.
    - Various forms of art/creation and attempting some creations of my own.
    - Nature.
    - Certain food & drinks, despite how careful I have to be about what I eat these days.
    - Facebook/games & just the net in general.

cvb2377 and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  8. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

And that's no way to live. Trust me, I know, I've been there! You've got to find some more reasons to be beyond merely existing... How about coming up with a few of your attributes that you are most proud of? Such as, your kindness towards others, or what have you! Your loyalty, etc. etc. ...:)

__d likes this.
  9. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

(1) Fear of failure in attempt to suicide and end up in pain.
    (2) Fear of going to Hell and endure more suffering.

10. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i don't know.. i can actually list down lots of things that i don't like about myself.. but it's difficult to think of things that are good about me..

11. MisterBGone

Sometimes that helps to balance things out...& in reality, it is actually closer to how (or who) we truly are! It's easy to get stuck on the negative train of thought. But that doesn't make it any more truthful. We're seeing what we want (or have) to see - but like I said before, that does not make it reality. I bet your friends from other places would have some good suggestions when it comes to nice things to say about the way you treat them; and so on, and so forth...

12. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

1. The Impossible Promise
    2. Helping Others to a See Life is Important.
    3. Regaining my Soul.
    4. Keep Crawling through the darkness.

13. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i do hope so.. they haven't been around as often as before.. that doesn't surprise me though.. it has happened before.. i simply just can't make people stay.. there's something seriously wrong with me.. maybe i'm boring.. well.. a lot of people say that.. so it's probably true..

14. MisterBGone

Nonsense. Stop saying that. You just need to focus on yourself and getting better so that you can present the best possible version of yourself to others. Then you will be able to attract the best kind of friend. Or at least the most desirable person whom you can hope to attain. Are you seeking any sort of medical help? I hope so...

15. cren

cren Well-Known Member

to be honest if i could.. i would just like go back in time.. before i meet my friends.. before i started hoping things might be somehow better.. before i started caring fr other people.. i used to not care.. and i hope i can go back to that.. i just want to be alone.. and not worry about things.. i used to be fine with that.. i hope that's possible again..

i've never had any medical help.. and i never will have any.. i don't plan to go see a professional..

16. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Helping other people to keep going actually helps me to keep going. Its a tad perverse. Its a vicious cycle with me. I find someone is ok and then I am ok until I come across somone else who is not ok and then I am not ok until I know they are ok. Round and round it goes. The feelings/situations/emotions of others seem to have a profound effect upon my own life and I have yet found anyone who can explain that to me.

__d likes this.
  17. MisterBGone

I can totally understand your reluctance to seek medical assistance with your illness. That's something that is hardly unique (in terms of a commonly held belief), and I get that mindset. It's cool, cren! :D But I would just suggest, that since you haven't tried it before, simply to not rule it out...& be open to one day possibly giving it a go. What have you got to lose? What if it works? What if it helps? If it does not, then you're right back here, and if nothing else, you'll have learned something.:)

I think that in a perfect world, it is best to achieve a sort of balance in our personal & private relationships; that is, with others and ourselves. In other words, it isn't so good to be completely caught up in spending every waking moment in the presence or company of somebody else. So we've got to sort of budget it out: our time, and basically, our energy in the form of resources. (If you're still reading this, I commend you--I've begun to bore myself! ;)) ...anyway, there's nothing wrong with caring; it just means you're a good person, with heart. No problems there- & lastly, see, this is where professional help may come in to play: the worry; the hope; the feeling a whole lot less miserable than you do now.

There's an old saying, and it applies to a lot of given situations I guess: "Your best thinking got you here." Yes, my best has gotten me here. And only here. Sometimes, it's alright (or is it all right?) to ask for help. :)

Jenumbra likes this.
  18. cren

cren Well-Known Member

even if i want to.. i can't actually afford going to a professional.. and i don't know where to find one.. it's not easy to find one in this country..

i guess.. i'm just used to having my friends around.. especially when i'm down.. i actually feel bad about not being able to help them now.. since i know they're also going through something..

19. MisterBGone

It's hard to help your friends, when you--yourself are struggling to stay afloat! So get rid of the guilt... & it's too bad that they don't have services or support for students at your school - at least here - you can get them (mental health help) at either free or greatly reduced &/or discounted cost--& you might as well take advantage of it: (it's probably covered in your tuition already; under 'fees' or something! ;)).

20. cren

cren Well-Known Member

oh.. i'm sure it's not included.. mental health is not something that people openly talked about here.. it's still a taboo topic.. and it's never given much attention.. people here just think it'll just somehow be gone.. that it's nothing.. and that i should just sleep it off or something.. i think.. most people here.. doesn't really know much about mental illness..