1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your reasons to live?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by JDot, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDot

JDot Well-Known Member

I thought I would start a thread where people can share their reasons to live. It could something big like family or something as simple as the taste of your favorite food. We could come here and see what other people share.
    Here's a few reasons I'm thinking of:

my niece
    chinese food
    my favorite artist is planning a North American tour next year

I'll probably come back and share more :)

HealingAngel42, Petal and gell like this.
  2. gell

gell New Member

- the hope that it does get better
    - my sister and my mother
    - BTS
    - good books

:)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

-My family
    - My SF friends (including you :p) who else would have to talk to at 5am haha
    -The hope that my best days are yet to come
    -To help and support other people

4. anyth

anyth Member

Excuses
    1.I will wait for EXO`s winter comeback and then I will die
    2.I will wait untill that awards show are over and then I`ll die
    3.I wont die until I collect all the albums
    4,I wont die until I vote for them
    its been like 3 months I dont have any other excuse to keep on getting up

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  5. Laura79

Laura79 Well-Known Member

My children
    To help other people

6. JDot

JDot Well-Known Member

wow @gell and @anyth we got 3 kpop lovers already. ;) My favorite artist I mentioned in my post was Hyuna. :D And I actually came back to the thread because I wanted to add Twice to my reasons to live. :)

7. anyth

anyth Member

I love whenever I meet kpop lovers,I am not really into kpop,I discovered kpop a year ago and kinda fell out after I started loving EXO,because they take all the time and I stopped following other groups.But I like twice and love Like ooh ahh especially. I know some of Hyunas sings,I loved her latest mini.

8. MynameisPain

MynameisPain A walking death-wish

at this point my only reason to live is because I promised the Universe I wouldn't manipulate karma. If the Creator (whomever that is) has seen fit to leave me here, there must be a reason and like Viktor Frankyl did in the concentration camp, he decided to let karma direct his path and not try to escape an intolerable situation. So far I have (obviously) kept that promise but its very difficult to keep getting up in the morning and having ground hogs day over and over and over again. I see no point. But my promise.

9. JDot

JDot Well-Known Member

Ooh Ahh is actually my favorite Twice song.

@MynameisPain Your post popped up at the best time. Especially with the subject of a Creator and not manipulating karma. My niece was supposed to take a trip soon. I was actually considering ending it while she was gone so she wouldn't see me. Today her trip got cancelled. I began wondering if a higher being wanted her trip to be cancelled so I wouldn't do it. And your post just popped up while I was typing. I wonder if that's some kind of sign. If it isn't it's a pretty big coincidence.

I wanted to add another reason:
    If I were gone I wouldn't be able to speak to my best friend. And according to her, if I died it would be the worst thing that happened to her.

10. MynameisPain

MynameisPain A walking death-wish

ahh JDot, I don't believe anything is a coincidence. Everything happens for a reason and yes I would say the Creator wanted you to see that.
    So the message of the day is " Don't manipulate Karma"....
    Peace for your day!

11. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I really like how you explained that :>

MynameisPain likes this.
  12. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Same here I guess. My aunt V would be dissappointed too. She would cry.
    So would dad.

13. keiwey

keiwey New Member

I will not betray my former self.

Other reasons....Great food, great people, great nature +++++

14. JCC988

JCC988 Well-Known Member

Well for one my mother would be completely broken if I died and my sister would be almost alone and devoid of family.
    Also, while I personally believe that life doesn't have any intrinsic meaning, it's still worth it to do good, be good, and feel good. I'd rather say to the uncaring universe "I'm here" rather than be unable to talk to it.

15. keiwey

keiwey New Member

Yes... While I was completely down and didn't care about anything.. At least I managed to still recognize the people around me who still cared about things.. And so at least I could spend my energy helping them. One nice thing about life is, however down you are, there is ALWAYS a way to make use of oneself. Always something or someone who would benefit from your help.

16. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

The realization that life (everybody's life) is both joy and pain. The joy and pain take turns. So enjoy the joy when you have it, and tolerate the pain when there's pain. Joy and pain take turns. In other words, life is cyclical.

SillyOldBear likes this.
  17. Aphotic

Aphotic Inconstant Identity

I guess my only reason is that I don't want to cause pain to my best friend. I can see he cares but problem is... his words just go right through me for some reason. He can tell me repeatedly that it's going to be okay but I just don't see it.

18. moxman

moxman The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat

A brown eye girl that calls me daddy.

Aphotic likes this.
  19. moxman

moxman The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat

Why do you think that is? What do you think if he would do differently, would help you more? maybe you should tell him that. it sounds like both of you really care for each other, that is a very good thing for you, I feel like. I feel like good communication is the key to any relationship.

20. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn. Forum Pro SF Supporter

I actually don't know.

I guess it's blind hope that things can't always be this bad!

monm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.