What are your reasons to live?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 13acresofhell, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13acresofhell

13acresofhell Member

I was hoping to share everyone’s reason for living here. Maybe we have a reason to live right in front of us that we would be able to relate to once revealed to us. Currently my reason to live is the financial burden my death would cause on certain people, but I’m working on rectifying that problem. Other than that, I’d say it was my pride. I can’t stand to be seen as weak, even if I feel it.

So I hope there are some more upbeat reasons than mine, but if not, feel free to share anyway. Maybe together we can get more than a few reasons.

2. sunmeilan

sunmeilan Member

My reasons to live:

Pride as well. I can't stand the idea of people feeling sorry for me.

The thought that, as things stand, I can't think of more than a handful of people that would come to my funeral. Why that should matter, I don't know!

I know it would hurt my family and although one member at least deserves to be hurt, I still want to shield them all.

Ultimately though, I guess I hope that somehow I can turn my life around and be the person that I want to be, or at least come to terms with the fact that I am who I am. On a good day, I think that I can see daylight. It's just that there aren't many good days these days.

3. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

1. Family
    2. Pride

apart from these two - revenge. But the feeling is not strong and I don't think that it is right either.

4. Right now its the hurt it would cause the people close to me if I took my life...

5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

1. The hurt it would cause people
    2. The satisfaction it would give to him...why make his life better?

6. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

It was family...

7. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

1.I have one friend I would not like to leave alone. I could not give a F**k about my family.
    2. Fear of non existence for all eternity
    3. Fear of being trapped in another realm like one of those ghosts which always seem to be when they have died suddenly.
    4. Fear of surviving suicide and being treated with contempt by vile doctors and nurses who have never had proper mental health training.
    5. Fear of heights,blood and fast moving trains.:rolleyes:

8. xxx myaku

xxx myaku Member

I have one friend who constantly reminds me that she'd kill herself in seconds after hearing i commited suicide. I could never leave her alone like that. But other than that, nothings really stopping me. I guess i wouldn't want to make the few people who care for me sad, either.

9. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

By now, the only reason I am still alive is because some other people rely on me.
    I just can't make them feel the pain that my suicide would cause. It wouldn't be right.

10. DayOn

DayOn Active Member

1. Fear
    2. Animosity

11. masashin

masashin Guest

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- Future Masterpiece rpg's

- My Mother

12. newfag

newfag New Member

Southpark.

13. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

mountain biking
    gym
    friends

not that much actually... i made a list of the pros and cons of my current life and i filled up the entire con side and had to write sideways while there were only about 5 things on the pro side. i guess it is enough, even if existing does suck right now.

i wouldn't be here if i didn't think things could get better, or maybe because i'm lazy. either way you should focus on things that make you happy. that's what i do and it helps me escape until my next psychiatrist / counsellor appointment.

14. lil-sis-one-of-two

lil-sis-one-of-two Well-Known Member

I want to see my big sister get married in December, after that I have nothing.
    I am past caring who I hurt and who will miss, I honestly dont think I will hurt anyone if I go.

15. Cattle_d

Cattle_d Active Member

My only reasons to live are family too. I don't want to hurt my mom and my brother. Other than that...I have told myself over and over that I would Kill myself if they were dead, and if my cat was dead too.
    What a sad existence.

16. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

the only things that keep me here are my dreams, that one day i will find love, and thats the one thing i cling on to and to give me hope.

xx

17. Not wanting to hurt my family + friends would probably be the one thing that holds me back :(

18. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I've run out of reasons to live.

19. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Only reason I've stayed alive thus far is for my mom.

20. crackedglass

crackedglass Well-Known Member

my main reason for staying alive is that knowing after all the hurt i caused my best mate she still cares about me and i dont wanna leave her...although at this precise moment i feel like every part of me is screaming for me to let go i just couldnt say goodbye to her for one i wouldnt know where to begin, as even if i cant brighten my day i want to be there for her if ever she has any problems so i can try to brighten hers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.