what are your views on the banning of mephedrone?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Landlocked blues, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

just want to see peoples opinions on it really.

oh and if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it :smile:

2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

People will still find a way to get it..

3. pvx

pvx Guest

I don't support criminalization as an effective method of dealing with substance abuse, and mephedrone is no exception. What I do support is clinical drug research, harm reduction education, prevention, rehabilitation and treatment programs available to the public.

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

if it is as much of a problem as the uk government claims then banning it is stupid because now people will have to go to drug dealers who will be upping the price and cutting it with crap etc and will also try to get people hooked on other stuff.

5. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly! i just wanted to know if i was alone, but obviously not. its ridiculous. im not saying taking drugs is right or wrong, i just think by banning something that for a long time has been available legally will only make matters worse.

6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

you are certainly not alone in thinking that, ive been reading in The Times that drug experts etc are critical of this ban too.

when it comes to drugs, i think (after my own judgement) i would rather trust medicial experts over government spin and tabloid hysteria - i believe only 1 death has actually been proven to be linked with mephedrone so far, and even then i think there was a combination of mephedrone and alcohol etc so the link of deaths and mephedrone usage is still pretty undetermined.

if it is banned, there are plenty more similar drugs being developed etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.