What are your views on the concept of the Age of Aquarius?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Aquarius123, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

There is much talk these days about the Age of Aquarius. What are your views this concept? To get the ball rolling, here is mine:

The way I understand this life is that, in the course of many lifetimes, the human soul has been badly wounded a great many times. The memories of much of the pain we all once had to endure are still buried in the depths of our subconscious, from where they are capable of causing all manner of problems and disturbances in our daily lives. The way I see it, we are all in this life together to find healing for the soul wounds of all our lifetimes and, in this process, to become healers, each in their own unique way. The most urgent requirement on any healing journey is learning to rise above the outdated beliefs and concepts of the Earth plane. The struggle of our small earthly self is greatly alleviated, as soon as begins to gaze beyond the confines of its present existence. It can then be seen quite clearly that the earthly existence of our whole race is but a passing evolutionary phase that by now has just about run its course.

The Age of Aquarius is dawning. It is bringing us the long awaited spiritual rebirth of our race and our whole world, and the saviour and redeemer, promised of old, is at last in flesh appearing. This is happening in a highly surprising and much more beautiful way than anyone could ever have envisaged in past ages, even in their wildest dreams; more of this theme in a moment. The New Age is with us and as the months and years go by, it is coming clearer that this is not just some kind of a fad or an airy-fairy notion that has sprung from the minds of the participants of the hippy movement. It is a concept that deserves to be taken seriously, because it demands the fullest attention from each one of us, not merely from those who are already interested in their own spiritual progress and that of our whole world.

The New Age is a very real evolutionary period in the spiritual development of humankind, during which spiritual wisdom and truth directly from the Source will flow ever more strongly into all human hearts. The long promised and awaited World Teacher is now coming to us in the most miraculous and unexpected way, namely by being born in the heart of each and every one of us. At long last it is coming clear that this teacher is none other than the living God within. For a very long time this part of us has been known as the small still voice of conscience; it constantly tries to tell us right from wrong and communicates with us through our intuition. As the English poet Robert Browning, 1812-1889, once put it: ‘There is an inmost centre in us all, where truth abides in fullness.’

When all have become attuned to and are following the guidance of this, their very own teacher, there will be peace in our world and there will no longer be any need for religions; having served the purpose they were created for, they will disappear. This theme is one of the many we shall discuss as the jottings unfold. My writings, among them primarily the jottings, are discussions of how the monumental changes that are now taking place are affecting us all.

Helpful new perspectives on all aspects of life are gradually revealing themselves to us. The collective consciousness of our race is opening up and all round there is clear evidence that an ever stronger awareness of the ‘facts of life’ about our true nature and eternal reality is emerging. Discovering that life is an absolute continuum and that there is no death, the limited vision of Earth life as a one-off thing dissolves. We then realise that one cycle of life emerges from and is born from the previous one. All life is guided and protected by God and the Angels. Old life-forms that have outlived their usefulness are removed by them, as all life is inexorably moving forwards and upwards, and all its participants are evolving into ever better and more beautiful forms, as they reach for higher and highest levels of existence.

I look forward to your comments with great interest and thank you in advance for participating.

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

2. chjones21

chjones21 Well-Known Member

I think Aquarius that the 'age of aquarius' has been prophesied as arriving imminently a gazillion times before. If you read the Bible I think Jesus of Nazareth says something along the lines of "I tell you that there are people here who will in their lifetime, see the coming of the Englightenment" or something like that.

What I would say, and I think you are lucky in this - is that as I believe in re-birth that individuals who get close to their last life, close to moving away from being entrapped on Earth --- they intuit what their potential future will be and (one would hope) that generally entails a "heaven" scenario.

So many religious, enlightened souls have said again and again words along the lines of "the end is nigh, it is all about to happen soon" and that is true .... for THEM.

It is the beginning of a dawn of a new life, an age of Aquarius for THEM - they are moving on, their soul has managed to evolve or reach a point where they can climb onto the next step. Lovely and great. But my personal point of view is --- nothing on earth is going to change. Uh-uh. This place is going to remain the same. 2000 years ago Jesus said - the change is nigh, probably 4000 years ago someone else said the same, 2000 years from now someone will say it again. It is not the case - it is the case for the individual, that's it.

So I am delighted for you. And for any others that have managed to get closer to the light.

I think you may be very interested in reading Clare Cameron (Mystic of Nature) --- your writings are so similar, you could almost be the same person excepting the fact that she was writing in the 60s (aged about 40 or 50 then I guess, so I know that you are not) but I think you would LOVE her and all that she has to say --- not that it is anything that you couldn't find within your own heart. Truth is eternal and unchanging, after all. And what is said by a Sufi mystic in the 11th century is repeated by a Californian mystic in the 20th century and repeated by a Buddhist monk in the 2nd century or a Jewish prophet in the first and a Hindu sage in the 18th and so on and so forth --- they are all so similar, they are almost interchangeable.

Light is always good - I need to clean off some of the baked on layers of dirt, anger, suspicion, distrust, fear that have unfortunately covered my heart and enshrouded the light - before any light will shine out of me. You can wish me luck if you want - or alternatively pray for me, I am ALWAYS open to being prayed for!

:)

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the Age of Aquarius, but I am familiar with this type of rhetoric being said for years.

In what circle is this talked about frequently?

I think those who feel the Age of Aquarius is on "us" is about a group collective, rather than any accurate forecast on the complexity of every individuals human spirit, and what "mankind," needs and wants.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

From what I've read, the Age Of Aquarius is the next Age that mankind will go into anytime between 1980 and 2160. There are 12 ages, based on the lunar calender, and a new Age occurs roughly every 2160 years, when our solar system enters a new constellation, or something along those lines. The Age we are in now (Age of Pisces) began around the time of Jesus, who as we all know is partly famous for multiplying fish, which is fitting, considering the symbol for Pisces is 2 fish. One does not have to be a Christian or believe in Jesus to appreciate, understand or believe in the Ages (I'm not sure if "believe" is the right word to use, but I am using it anyway).

It is thought that when we enter the next Age, it will be a time of technology, intelligence, spirituality and peace. Some Christians believe it will involve Jesus' return, or the apocalypse, the rapture, or all 3. This is unlikely, as the Ages are a lunar system and not a religious one, despite having religion involved. Some say we have already entered the Age of Aquarius, others say it is nonsense.

I believe in the Ages, and think that we will enter the next Age soon, but we haven't entered it yet. So far, there has been a documented history of worldwide change each time a new Age was due to occur. The Egyptian Empire was in one Age, the Roman Empire was in another (if I am remembering correctly). If we had entered the next Age, we would know about it. Sure, we have made great technological strides in the past few decades, but war and violence are still rampant, as is famine and disease.

If and when we enter the Age of Aquarius, it will literally be a global shift, where the current main religion (Christianity) is torn down, and a new religion will take its place. People will stop worshiping Jesus, and worship someone or something new. Or maybe not worship anything, and turn to Atheism (not everybody of course, but the majority).

I hope it happens in my lifetime, as it would be a fascinating thing. There is speculation that the New World Order (if it actually exists) is another sign of the next Age, as, if the conspiracy theorists are right, contains a whole new world of information and technological advancement. Plus, there would be no more individual governments or armies under the NWO, which could be another sign of peace and technological advancement.

Even though there is a history of global change at the time of a new Age, many are skeptical. My guess is that many people simply haven't heard of it before, other than the song "Age of Aquarius", and would think they would know about something like this already. I first learned about it through a documentary, had never heard of these Ages before, then started reading online and found that it is a real phenomenon.

I'm not sure if there is an explanation for such global shifts during new Ages, but if there is, I would love to hear it.

Good topic by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  5. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I think the concept of religion existing in the 21st century proves that humanity is not yet intelligent enough to achieve enlightenment.

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think you are right. We are evolving. I think that's why there is such chaos in the world right now, and why there is so much suffering. I think it plays into why many people are feeling so depressed too. Everything that we can't take with us into the new Earth is being brought to the surface for us to deal with. Several lifetimes of pain that we carried with us cannot be ignored anymore. I think that 2012 quite possibly is the culmination. Big things are happening.

What do you think of depression & suicide in relation to the new age?

7. Aquarius123

The Age of Aquarius concerns us all

You were saying: 'So many religious, enlightened souls have said again and again words along the lines of "the end is nigh, it is all about to happen soon" and that is true .... for THEM.

It is the beginning of a dawn of a new life, an age of Aquarius for THEM - they are moving on, their soul has managed to evolve or reach a point where they can climb onto the next step. Lovely and great. But my personal point of view is --- nothing on earth is going to change. Uh-uh. This place is going to remain the same. 2000 years ago Jesus said - the change is nigh, probably 4000 years ago someone else said the same, 2000 years from now someone will say it again. It is not the case - it is the case for the individual, that's it...'

Dear Friend – thank you for your feedback and many thanks also to all others who have contributed. I will endeavour to reply to each one, if possible and as my time permits. First of all let me say that I am delighted to meet you all. Then I would like to point out that I don’t believe that the Age of Aquarius is NOT for the selected few. It is a vast event of Cosmic proportions that concerns us all and I believe especially those who participate and visit this forum.

I do not see mental illness and breakdowns as illnesses. Going by my experiences, my own and those of numerous people around me, they are invariably wake-up calls from our Highest Self. They signal that our life requires from us a change in the course of its direction, because our spiritual nature is waiting to break through and is therefore knocking ever more forcefully on our inner doors of consciousness. If we neglect these signals, we begin to feel more and more trapped, until we can no longer see the way forward in anything. When this goes on for too long, we eventually break down and feel suicidal because we have reached the point of being caught up in the events of the earthly plane that we can no longer get away. We panic and it is only natural that as the next step our thoughts turn to considering ways of ending this miserable lot ourselves.

Yet, suicide is definitely not the answer out of our present impasse, because we just have to come back and repeat the experiences we tried to get away from. And as many have found out, religions on the whole, for as long as they lack spirituality and exclude the truth about the background of life, are unhelpful because all they can then hope to achieve for the newcomer to the spiritual aspects of life and non-believer is to make them more fearful still. We are spirit and soul, temporarily encased in matter and the way I see it, breakdowns and mental illness are experienced when we neglect or even deny our true nature, the spiritual dimensions and the higher aspects of life for too long. That’s the way it was with me and that’s why I do not believe that any breakdown is truly an illness. They merely have to happen for as long as we are either ignorant of what is, after all, the most precious part of ourselves, or merely too afraid to get in touch with it.

This, however, that does not mean we are less evolved and further away from our final release from needing to learn further lessons on the Earth plane. Far from it! Quite the opposite may be true. But, if we are ready but too afraid for too long, the inner self will continue to send its signals ever more urgently, in the hope of reaching the outer self somehow. If it wasn’t for that, we would never get where every soul has to go in the end and that is the inner way. If we don’t go that way voluntarily, we may eventually leave our inner Highest or God Self no choice but forcing us into it. That’s how it happened to me and to share my learning with you is probably the reason why I was guided to this Forum.

Breaking through the shell of the prison of our outer personality is the knowledge of our true Self, our inner light, the hidden knowledge we all carry within us. It is waiting to shine its light into the darkest recesses of our soul, so that healing can take place on all levels of our being. The light we are speaking of in this context are the wisdom and the knowledge from the higher levels of life. They are waiting to come through us into our world, to bless and heal it and us. Now, don’t you think it’s worth our while to pay attention to them and listen? More soon!

With love and light,
    Aquarius[/SIZE]​

8. Aquarius123

All religions will eventually go from our world

IMAGINE
    Imagine there’s no Heaven;
    It’s easy if you try;
    No Hell below us,
    Above us only sky.
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today.

Imagine there’s no countries;
    It isn’t hard to do;
    Nothing to kill or die for;
    And no religion too.
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace.

Imagine no possessions;
    I wonder if you can.
    No need for greed or hunger;
    A brotherhood of man.
    Imagine all the people,
    Sharing all the world.

You may say that I’m a dreamer,
    But I’m not the only one.
    I hope someday you’ll join us
    And the world will live as one.

John Lennon​
    Each one of us is a receiver/transmitter station designed to bring the illumination and inspiration from the Highest levels of life into the Earth’s environment. Everybody is a conduit of communication through which the ideas of the Universal Life Force, also known as God, are constantly flowing into us and our world; potentially, we are all its channels. Through John Lennon and the song ‘Imagine’ it has provided our world with a truly inspired vision of the new Heaven and Earth in the Aquarian Age.

Born on the 9th October 1940, John Lennon was a Sun Libra, the peacemaking sign of the zodiac. I believe John’s vision to be a true one, and that in the New Age all religions will go from our world because there no longer will be any need for them. Considering how much misery and suffering they have brought into our world and still are doing to this day, there is every reason to rejoice.

So, here we are at the beginning of this age and already we are finding a new perception of the spiritual concepts of Heaven and Hell as states of consciousness. Isn’t it good to know that in truth they never were places that anyone actually goes to, and that they are states of consciousness which the human soul creates for itself and those around it? The higher and highest levels of life are what used to be known as Heaven. These echelons belong to beings of light – called Angels by some, including myself.

These beings are above everything that dwells on this level of life; they are responsible for it and bring it into manifestation; without these beings there would be no life on the Earth plane. The sky above us belongs to this plane and its perceptions. Complete with the planets moving in their orbits and distant stars twinkling down to our plane, the Earth is an outer manifestation of the higher and highest realities with their much finer vibrations than those of our present level of existence. When the earthly self’s inner eyes eventually open to the awareness of the presence of the Angels, through its contacts with them its own vibrations, over time, gradually adjust themselves to the higher ones; eventually they become one with them.

When each one of us understands the true nature of God and their own, we shall all know that we are responsible for every thought, word and action. No-one will then want to make war any more and peace will reign on the Earth. Aware that we are siblings in the great family of humankind and also of all life, we shall live harmoniously together and each make their contribution towards serving the highest good of the whole race and our world. That indeed is the vision of the Aquarian Age. It is no longer some airy-fairy castle in the air, but slowly becoming a reality, in which each soul must play its part.

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

9. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

As an agnostic, I'm open to the possibility of these things, but ultimately I don't put much stock in them. I simply can't compel myself to strongly believe in any of this, though it certainly interests me on an academic and intellectual level. I still like to think there is some shred of truth in almost every belief system.

10. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

yes i would also like some as they r clearly got u on one hell of a trip that I'd like to experience as well...:)

11. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

Hi Aquarius

I agree with you about mental illness. In fact if you’re not showing signs of mental illness then there’s definitely something wrong with you.

As you like feedback, I would just point out that your name Aquarius is very off-putting, hard to take seriously, suggesting that you are something that you are not. zzz is no less, suggesting I was nothing whilst actually believing I was something, lol.

And although you’re expressing from a good place and only bringing benefit, it doesn’t mean that everything you say is true. For instance you suggest building up a stock of good karma. But if I do that then am I not tying myself in bondage whereby I will be forced tomorrow into a situation beyond my control in order to receive the fruit of that good action. This is not freedom; this is still the old world.

12. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

Oh Aquarius, I hope my words weren’t misconstrued.

Krishnamurti; “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

And your name Aquarius feels rather more comforting today as I experience some connection with you. I broke my own rule of posting something on a bad day.

And what does anyone really know about karma. I certainly can’t claim to know much.

So, please accept my apologies and please keep posting.

Sweet feelings.

13. Aquarius123

Dear Friend – it sounds to me as if the lady in question – as well as all the other sources of wisdom you mentioned – had written intuitively, the same as I do. In truth all of us have always been and will continue to be in all Eternity transmitters and receiver stations for the thoughts, ideas and inspirations of the Highest.

At least potentially we are all channels through whom the Universe is constantly gives ever increasing amounts of Its wisdom to our world, but only as much as we can sensibly be expected to cope with at any given time. We are all waiting – each in their own sweet time – to become a conduit for the light of the Highest wisdom and truth. The way I see it, this will continue until every last shred of the darkness of ignorance has gone from the Earth.

With love and light,
    Aquarius

14. Aquarius123

The Great Year and the Ages of Man

THE GREAT YEAR AND THE AGES OF MAN​

I believe that the Age of Aquarius concerns us all. The way I understand this concept is that it is an evolutionary period in the spiritual development of humankind, during which spiritual wisdom and truth directly from the Source will flow ever more strongly into all human hearts. The long promised and awaited World Teacher is now coming to us in the most miraculous and unexpected way, namely by being born in the heart of each and every one of us. At long last it is coming clear that this teacher is none other than the living God within. For a very long time this part of us has been known as the small still voice of conscience; it constantly tries to tell us right from wrong and communicates with us through our intuition. As the English poet Robert Browning, 1812-1889, once put it: ‘There is an inmost centre in us all, where truth abides in fullness.’

When all have become attuned to and are following the guidance of this, their very own teacher, there will be peace in our world and there will no longer be any need for religions; having served the purpose they were created for, they will disappear. This theme is one of the many we shall discuss as the jottings unfold. My writings, among them primarily the jottings, are discussions of how the monumental changes that are now taking place are affecting us all. Helpful new perspectives on all aspects of life are gradually revealing themselves to us. If you study the various parts of my life’s work which by now are available here, you will soon be able to see this for yourself.

The collective consciousness of our race is opening up and all round there is clear evidence that an ever stronger awareness of the ‘facts of life’ about our true nature and eternal reality is emerging. With the recognition that life is an absolute continuum and that there is no such thing as death, the limited vision of Earth life as a one-off thing dissolves. We then realise that one cycle of life emerges from and is born from the previous one. All life is guided and protected by God and the Angels. Old life-forms that have outlived their usefulness are removed by them, as all life inexorably moves forwards and upwards, and all its participants are evolving into constantly improving and more beautiful forms, as they reach for higher and highest levels of existence.

Let me explain the technicalities involved, as briefly as possible. It takes the Earth nearly 26,000 years to complete one of the cycles that moves it through the twelve signs of the zodiac; such a cycle is known as one Great Year. Each sign the Earth passes through represents one Great Month, which lasts for rather more than 2,000 years. The unique character of each one of these months strongly influences all creatures and happenings on our planet.

At the same time the Great Months are also indicators of the Ages of Man; no-one can tell exactly when one of them ends and a new one begins. All we know is that we are now entering the Age of Aquarius. And when you observe our world more closely, you can see for yourself how the energies of this sign are influencing everything in our world ever more strongly. The remnants of the effects of the preceding age of Pisces are still with us; they are hard to shake off but must be dealt with by all of us.

From our present evolutionary level it is recognisable that the great wisdom and love of our Creator brought us into being and then into this world. It has constantly accompanied us and guided us through all our experiences, so that we should learn from them. This learning process will always continue, but now our development has reached the point when we are ready for lessons of a more elevated nature. During previous lifetimes Divine direction came to us from the subconscious level, but this is now increasingly happening on the conscious level.

Trying to make my peace, I find it helpful to view everything against the backdrop of the full sweep of the history of our evolution, at least those parts we have access to. Some of my reflections and insights into this are already included in volume one of these jottings. With the help and the will of God, more will follow in due course. The wisdom of hindsight reveals that two main lessons were always facing our race: a) the use and abuse of power and b) how to love wisely. Wars are but one of the evils that our world must experience in the process of taking part in the lessons of power. There are a great many other ways of misusing it, and each one of them is teaching us and our world how to differentiate between good and evil. Yet, more important still is the glorious lesson that none of us, on this level of life, has any true power; that belongs to God alone. The best we can do is to align ourselves to the power and love of the Great Universal Force, so that they can work their healing miracles through us – as they once did through the Master Jesus.

I would like to share with you three links to videos called ‘Zeitgeist’ about the connections between Religions and Astrology

15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Probably the same stuff the disciples of jesus took. You know Aquarius, if you state "In my OPINION" before each block of text you write, it would make it much less offensive. Because you're trying to pass those beliefs as facts.

16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Why do people think the concept of suffering is new? 2012 is the new Y2K Bug.

17. Aquarius123

Finding our own truth

Dear Friend – how kind of you to point this out to me. You may notice, as we go along, that I go to great lengths to point out that what I am presenting are my very own beliefs and my personal truths. Don’t you think it would be rather tedious, if I started every new paragraph with something like: ‘I believe; I think; in my view’?

Father/Mother Creator, Thou knowest the depths of all oceans, please guide each one of us through the storms of life into the safe harbour of Thy great love. Grant us all the gift of your Divine wisdom, inspiration and the ability to see through the wind, so that we may discern the wheat from the chaff and Thy Divine truth from that which is no longer valid for humankind. May each one of us find that which truly helps them forward on their own healing journey, which consists of the whole of this lifetime. And wherever we encounter that which is Thy truth, please speak to us and let us know through our innermost hearts, where Thou dwellest, so that we may recognise when we are finding our truth; and grant us the gift of knowing that it is true, no matter what anyone else may still believe.

Amen

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Re: Finding our own truth

First don't call me friend. You don't know me one bit. And i didn't say before each paragraph, but at the beginning of your post. After all, you don't seem to mind writing novels. And did you just say a prayer when answering me? Save it for 2012 my "friend".

19. Aquarius123

As you wish, my Non-Friend. Please, accept my sincere apologies for thinking that all the people who come together on this Forum are doing so in friendship and with kindness and regard for each other.

With kind regards - Aquarius​

20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You assume way to much. I'll gladly offer my friendship and help to the needed. But you and your angels are too high class for me. I'm just a mortal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.