What book are you reading and who is your fave author?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by shamps, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I love crime fiction,true crime,anything supernatural and a bit if sci-fi.

My fave author Val Mcdermid who tv's Wire in the blood is taken from has just written another good one,im in the middle of Fever Of The Bone by her.

Its not as sick as her other ones but I simply cant bide there been a book by her and not read it!!After all I own all her other ones plus hundereds of others.
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm reading about 4 different books right now :tongue:

My favorite author is possibly Tom Robbins. I'm not sure on that though. It changes frequently
  3. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Yea im a bit like that,there are so many authors I like but Val Mcdermid rocks.May I ask about Tom Robbins?What does he write?

I sometimes end up reading numerous books at same time but only if I stick to the authors I know well as they tend to use the same characters in each book,they become like a little family in my head and I know where I am with them that way and which book im in lol.
  4. ZombiePringle

umm lets see... He wrote "Half Asleep in Frog pajamas", "jitterbug perfume", "Still life with woodpecker" and a few others.
  5. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes I just had a quick scout.Cant say its my usual sort of thing but I read the blurb on Jitterbug Perfume and it sounds quite interesting.

Bit of a far cry from the twisted and sick things I like to read about(im no monster honest)or maybe thats not true and its why everybody leaves me hmmmmmmm...
  6. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

I read mostly horror. Right now I am reading Darkness on the edge of town by Brian Keene. I don't have a fave author. As long as the stories are well written that is all I care about.
  7. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

LotusFlower......yeah I will read pritty much anything like that as long as I can get into it(I can usually tell by the first few pages) but I just find that certain authors have stuck with me because ive gotton used to the characters and their style of writing.:cool:
  8. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

Right now I'm reading 'Salem's Lot. My favorite author is Ayn Rand
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm reading Watership Down, don't read enough to have a favourite author - trying to read more though.
  10. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Readings good for distraction,cant say ive read Watership down,not really my thing but oh my Salems lot is right up my street hehe
  11. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I'm reading The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
  12. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Karin Boye is my fave author
  13. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

14. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Hey Dreamreaver....that one looks really good.May try that one day:smile:
  15. ZombiePringle

I just started reading The War of The Worlds by H.G. Wells. just add it to my evergrowing list of books i'm reading :laugh:
  16. PerfectlyMurdered

PerfectlyMurdered Well-Known Member

Scott Sigler and Dean Koontz are my favorite authors. Their books are amazing. I'm reading Infected by Scott Sigler and Intensity by Dean Koontz right now :). Reading books is one of the best escapes :).
  17. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Stephen King by far is the best IMO, that I have read anyway. He has a unique and vivid prose. He can describe daily small town life and all the emotions etc of it masterfully. He weaves ordinary characters and lives into unique situations. I just like the way his brain works. :)

Im reading the Stand Uncut right now. Waiting for the new Dark Tower book to come out.
  18. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I listened to infected. Sigler is definately very talented. He can write and tell story for sure.

Dean Koontz, meh. Ive read a few of his I really liked, but once I got to reading more than five of his books, it seemed they are all very similar. He has his peeks and his lows IMO. buts its a gamble IMO
  19. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Dean Koontz and mr King have both done some good ones.Ive never read the Stand though I made the stupid mistake of watching the film instead eeeeeekkkk
  20. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Desperation by Stephen King is one of my all time favorite books. I don't really have a favorite author, but I have read more Jackie Collins and Stephen King books than any other authors books to date. I read Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz but I find his style of writing extremely hard to handle, not to mention some of his storylines are a little.. bizarre, to say the least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.