What brought you here?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stuckinchicago6, Jun 1, 2010.

What made you come on SF?

1. break-up

1 vote(s)
  2. problems with an existing marriage or relationship

0 vote(s)
  3. problems with work and/or school

3 vote(s)
  4. problems with parents or other family

0 vote(s)
  5. pre existing condition (eating disorder, drugs, etc)

6 vote(s)
  6. other

7 vote(s)
  1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

This so sounds like a question for sitting on a couch in a doctor's office, but I think it will give us all a chance to get to know each other a little better, vent a little, and maybe see that we are not alone in our reasons for coming here. What made you feel like it was the end? What took away any hope you had? Sorry if I did not give every option possible in the poll. You can always post your reason. Let's try and answer the best we can.

P.S. Obviously, a good part of us, myself included have always struggled with depression and had issues in the past and/or come here for a combination of things. HOWEVER, WHAT WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE FOR YOU?
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I came here looking for methods, but instead found a place for venting and support. I stayed because I wanted to help others and be supportive. And now I'm a CM so I do my best to help
  3. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

By the way, my answer is that I have always had problems with coping with everyday life. I've struggled with self-esteem and eating disorders. Also, I have always just felt alone so coming here at least gives me a little support. At the moment, I also have nobody to share anything with. Not even a friend. My family sucks too. People are cold, indifferent, and selfish. However, here, people are more willing to listen and talk as well. Unlike real life, people here seem to appreciate and sympathize and empathize with the fact that I am having a hard time, unlike everybody in real life that tells me I am wrong or crazy for feeling the way I feel.

MOVING ON TO THE POINT, The icing on the cake that brought me here was a break-up with my boyfriend this past autumn. I was really shocked at the way it played out because he was somebody I practically knew my whole life. I honestly thought him and I were going to be together for the long run. We shared so much and he always forgave me and understood. The fact that he was no longer willing to even meet me half way as a friend killed me. I must have cried everyday for 3 months straight. After XMAS it got easier, but it still sucked. This past weekend I also found out that he erased my pic from FB after having it up for so long. Now, I am once again reliving that broken feeling after months of somewhat healing. I am over him and I can now imagine life without him, but I still didn't want it to be this way where he completely cuts me off and abandons me. The fact that my dating adventures have been a failure also hurts and that is just too damn bad because some of these guys, I have really liked and pictured myself being with. OH WELL!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Break up, job, family, life. And Emma... :hug: !!
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

lost a child to suicide........
  6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I came here looking for methods, hung around left, came back tried to help some people while trying to help myself and now well I will probably leave again I am not sure.:huh:
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

My icing on the cake was college and work, I just couldnt handle it any more. broke down in a sense couldnt function. moved back home. and now I'm here.

:hug: Boo :hug:
  8. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I was in a really, really bad spot and I think I was just looking for people to talk to who could relate to what I was going through.
  9. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

was looking for ways to commit sucide .
  10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

What brought me here was my anorexia and depression... But my problems were caused by bullying
  11. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Depression, and BPD.
  12. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

A desperate need to feel connect to somebody as I was feeling very suicidal and as if nobody in my world understood or cared about how I felt
  13. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I guess it was for all my existing conditions that I had and have going on...