What can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamReaver

What can be done?, what can be said when nothing will change your mind, your way of thinking. What can be done when nothing makes you happy. The depression and loneliness just overpowers all positive and good feelings.

You cannot believe things will change, why would it change if it hasn't in the past. This is me, I am too far gone, cannot be helped, does not want help.

Friday night is the time it all ends....hopefully. Then there will be no need for questions or answers or thoughts or anything.

Dave_N

Banned Member
You cannot believe things will change, why would it change if it hasn't in the past. This is me, I am too far gone, cannot be helped, does not want help.

Friday night is the time it all ends....hopefully. Then there will be no need for questions or answers or thoughts or anything.
Hey David. You have to have faith and believe that your situation can change. Positive thinking really does go a long way. I really hope that you don't attempt suicide on friday, but in the end it is your choice to make. Just remember that suicide is a permanent solution and once you're dead, you can't come back. Why not try and fix things?

flowingriver

Hi David. Imagine the pain you are going to put your parents through on Jan 1st. Not something to do with someone you love. What a way to begin the new year and the rest of their lives.

DreamReaver

as i have said before, if it has not changed in the past 20 years why should it the future. Yes it is permanent doesn't it sound so wonderful, well to me it does.

Yeah family, friends, others might be hurt could even be devestated, but why should i continue so other don't have to be sad. it not fair on them, then what about me?

in the end i am beyond help or even caring

nolonger

I think the same way too. I honestly don't see myself getting any better. I'm just progressively getting shitter. Unfortunately at the beginning of each year I think I'll be dead by the end of it. So not an awful lot gets done.

Is there anything that makes you want to do it?

Most of the suicide sites out there tell you things like "put it off" -- they speak to you as if you are having a momentary lapse in judgement and they are trying to calm you down.

That's not how things are in my world and it sounds like I'm not alone. I've been putting it off for years, looking for something that makes me happy I've done so. How long am I supposed to put this off for when all I find is more reason to take that step?

DreamReaver

making me want to do it?, other than the crippling loneliness and depression, but mostly after all this time nothing has changed and nothing can change my mind about that things will change. Just don't want to continue to be alone anymore, to be depressed anymore, sick of it all.

Couldn't agree more Downhill, every time i delay it or decide not to do it at the last moment for whatever reason, i regret it and things don't get better, the depression and loneliness just gets worse, we all having a breaking point and i passed mine a long time ago.

Every day is a challenge. I am constantly pushing and never seeing any rewards. Instead, I get more heartache. I find myself losing the things that I never thought I would, instead of seeing that reason to keep on going.

What kind of life is that?

David, your situation sounds sadly familiar. And like you say - what can be done? All they ever tell you is what NOT to do... not really a whole lot of people out there offering to help find an alternative.

flowingriver

David, and all out there who feel suicidal and want support to agree with your plans, only a sick person will support you, or say to go ahead. Only a caring person will give you an alternative or tell you to not take that route. If I was to agree with your plans, I will be sadistic and evil. Some part of you here agrees with what I am saying. You know this is destructive thinking. Are you thinking about your parents, or only yourself? Most normal people do not want to kill themselves, you are in a frame of mind that is not healthy, if you are physically well, and want to kill yourself, you need help. It is hard to get sympathy from others if you keep putting down their support. You know yourself, that this thinking is dark. The child in you knows that. If you kill yourself, you'll affect me and every person alive who has ever known you, for the worse. Even struggling people on here. It makes their struggles even harder, if they saw that you did it.
I am not minimizing your pain, but killing yourself means you are only thinking of yourself. Besides, you'll never get your dreams fulfilled, if you closed all the doors of possibilities, and you will end it all knowing
your heart has not reached it's goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00